1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic Room end of turn sequencing

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Ayadan, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

In Panic Room, it says that the biotechvore strikes at the end of the active turn. But when exactly does this happens? After the State phase? At the state phase? Before? And does it count as an attack, ie do I have to make a Guts roll if hit by the Biotechvore?

Thank you.

2. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I don't think it's specified, but it rarely matters. What's the scenario where you need to know? That might help consider the question.

For example, I recall a question a while back about whether a trooper with the Dogged skill can fail its Biotechvore save, enter the Dogged state, but survive to ARO through the opponent's next turn (by doing its die-if-Dogged check before taking its Biotechvore save). That's the only scenario I've ever seen where the order could matter, but I don't know if it's the scenario you're asking about.

I think no, since it doesn't have the Attack label. If you do make a Guts roll, all it could do is make you go prone, so it rarely comes up.

3. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

It's important for units with Dogged and regeneration. And since it's a scenario where attrition is really important, giving the unit a whole turn while dogged or not can be dramatically different. And since counting the points for the units inside the room occurs at the same time, knowing if a unit with regeneration can come back before counting points is quite critical (who said Asawira?).

And you can use the Guts roll to go out of the biotechvore area, if you're near the edge, if the biotechvore area gives the possibility to get a Guts roll.

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Hmm, right, I guess the Dogged troops dying implicitly happens during the States phase, since that's when "both players will carry out any checks for those States or Skills that require it." Even though the Dogged state just says that it happens "at the end of the turn."

To me that implies that the BTV check happens before the States phase, since I don't think it's intended that a Dogged trooper can ever survive past the turn in which they become Dogged.

If I'm right, then since Regeneration also happens during the States phase (explicitly), it would happen after the BTV check.

If the Asawira is in the panic room then he can't also be in the BTV zone, though.

Re guts - you're right, I didn't think of that. I still don't think they do Guts, since the BTV check doesn't have the Attack label.

5. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

End of the turn is after the states phase in N4https://infinitythewiki.com/Game_Sequence

Dogged would go dogged and then die during the end of turn 'phase'.

xagroth likes this.
  6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

According to the latest news I heard, it was reworded to convey the intended meaning of: biotechvore strikes, player ends turn without being able to do anything inbetween (because then it wouldn't be "at the end").

Also, the ITS 12 document was updated with a rewording of Biotecvore effect to explicit it is in the "end phase of the turn".

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation