1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paintbrush in human hair tuto

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Wizzy, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Hello the Human Sphere, :sunglasses:

In my quest for Research for Knowledge, I have been interested to investigate a Fundamental Question in the hobby, around our... Paintbrush.
    So essential and so expensive (and not only those from Games Workshop).

As everybody knows, there are brushes made of animal hair and also synthetic hair, but what about human hair?

Can we use this abundant material? After all, hair grows regularly (well, theoretically :kissing_smiling_eyes:) and some people have hair long enough to consider creating paintbrushes, so can we make cheap brushes with human hair? And does it work ? .... Well yes, it's possible, it's imaginable! :scream:

And the best part is that you can even try it in DIY (but to be honest I don't think you'll reach the level of quality offered by a Leonard's master brush maker). :sweat_smile:

Ancestral treatise on the making of paintbrushes in hair by Les Chevalier d'Avalon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DIY hair brush video with paint demo

That's the conclusion of my research, it's not the best quality of brushes but now you have something to create a brush free for basic priming, decor and vehicle. You can even try to totally paint your minis with it, and sell them on the comptenporan art market, you know the snob buyers, when something is out of the ordinary, probably there is a demand. :D

[​IMG]
    - *Shit, brush is dead!

Credit parody
    Druze girl by adhadh on his blog
    https://www.deviantart.com/smaggthesmug/gallery/scraps?page=4
    Cosplayer knight by me and my mouse

Danger Rose and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation