1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oyoroi Sword Replacement?

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Andoman, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Andoman

Andoman Active Member

Lost my oyoroi's sword awhile back to repeated bending and then my dog finished it off. Been looking around for a possible replacement katana at roughly this scale and not having much luck. The keychain katana's ive seen are still too large and 3D printed ones still have limitations i've been told. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

You can always become a master greenstuffsmith and sculpt 1000 folds by hand.

3. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

Cut and sand some plastic card. Check out some ninja toys. There might be a double katana deadpool somewhere with the right sized blade, or you could cut it down.

chromedog and Abrilete like this.
  4. geo67

geo67 Well-Known Member

Spikey Bits? Warmahordes may have some cool blades you like. Their models are 35mm...so it may be the right size.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Lego katana?

Either that or make one from two-three layers of blister pack plastic.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  6. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Plasticard strip comes in different widths and thicknesses. Find some in the right profile and go to town on it.

Shape one long side down to a blade edge, and cut to size. Also carve hilt at this point.

Immerse in boiling water for about a minute. Bend the curve into the blade, then while you hold the curve, hold under cold water to set the curve.

Then Carve a Tsuba out of more plasticard and mount to it.

It's how I did the katana on my O-guijia conversion.

7. clever handle

clever handle Well-Known Member

Just leave it without one? Mine snapped in half at the artistic necked down spot. In lieu of carving something from plastic card I just popped the whole thing off and painted over the small void that nobody sees in the game anyways.

Now if you’re rocking one of the new LI models, follow chromedog’s advice. Plastic card is the way to go. Should be one of the easiest conversions going due to the size of a tag

chromedog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation