1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oyoroi build

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by SKOZZOKONZ, Jul 8, 2018.

1. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Im coming off the back of a tournament on the weekend where I managed to snag the uprising oyoroi and I was wondering what else I should buy to get a decent list going. I already had the JSA army pack plus a bunch of crossover yu jing shit as well.

Cheers.

2. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

The Seven Samurai!

[​IMG] Shichi-nin no Samurai
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Breaker Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] DOMARU Spitfire / Pistol, E/M CCW, Shock CC Weapon. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Flammenspeer, Contender / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Blitzen, Submachine Gun / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] TANKŌ Missile Launcher / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] O-YOROI AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] YOJIMBO Contender, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

(Tanko, Domaru, Jimmy, JSA support pack)

3. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

[​IMG] Deadly Dance
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    [​IMG] O-YOROI Lieutenant AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (3 | 86)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 17)
    [​IMG] KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] ONIWABAN Submachine Gun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (0 | 37)
    [​IMG] ARAGOTO (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I played this for Uprising League Deadly Dance (and iirc I won this match.) I think it's still conceptually fine but I didn't bring much ARO (since I went first every game --iirc I only played against another JSA player once, and I won the roll off.)

The only changes I would make for a more general list would be to swap Oniwaban for Saito (for midfield smoke) and the Keisotsu HMG for a Shock Marksman Kempei (Maybe drop the Doctor to make up the difference?)

Smoke + MSV2 is still pretty potent in JSA for dealing with ARO pieces despite its high cost compared to a lot of other armies that have access to the combo -- your Kempei can still throw 4 dice at base BS at pretty much anything. The option often opens itself up since Saito will pop smoke for himself that a Kempei can use to shoot down ARO pieces that the OYoroi doesnt deal with very well (like TO dudes).

I feel personally that HI links are good for dealing with some stuff (limited insertion especially), but I've had much more luck playing 13-15 orders. I don't think the OYoroi works without at least a Saito for smoke or an Oniwaban to clear out a path, and it's better to play them in a way that they don't compete for orders in the same group.

#3 meikyoushisui, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I'm going to give this a whirl tomorrow in Show of Force - but I'm going to take the Light Shotty Tanko over the SMG one.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

It's death incarnate (bordering on an I-Win button) for any mission mostly based on killing the other guy. It's not so hot at any mission with lots of classifieds.

The only army it suffers against is Ariadna Camospam. Everyone else it just punches in the face.

6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Seems like a exaggeration.
    10 Orders outside of Limited Insertion has a lot of bad matchups outside of Ariadna.

Especially when your Lt is running around with the Link.
    I really understand why someone would like to play that list, but claiming it is even decent is somewhat of a tell about a lack of serious competition and should be taken with a grain of salt.

The usual 20 Orders Ariadna with double Spetznatz list you mentioned, generic Sukeul + Rasail + Mate Tohaa setup, Achilles list or minmaxed PanO setup has a much better claim to having an I-Win button for kill based missions.

7. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Game went well - won 4-0 vs NCA 16 order list.

Pushed the Samurai squad hard up one flank killing dudes and speculative E/Ming 2 Fusi's (Combi/Missile) out of a link that was hiding on a rooftop. The orders sunk into the link meant the Oyo didn't achieve much. So his turn 1 saw his Squalo nuke the Oyo to death after I misjudged the 24" range on my suppression. With his remaining orders, he moved the Squalo over to duel the Samurai link and lost a structure to a missile before taking out the Missile Tanko.

Turn 2 saw Jimmy scoot up and lay down smoke for the link. They inched forward under the clouds and spec E/M'd the Squalo. This was pretty order intensive but was the means of clinching victory. His turn 2 saw him try and pick bits off the Samurai link - dropping the last 2 Tanko (because I completely derped and didn't ARO a bunch with Jimmy's contender).

Turn 3, my Opponent offered to concede... Then realised his TAG was just frozen, not dead. So I spent 2 orders pushing Neko/Spitty Domaru into BtB and then swinging once and annihilating the TAG - at which point he gave up. Couldn't have got his DT though - prone Deva on a roof with no ladders.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation