1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSS, Rogue AIs, and Firewalls

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Jun 21, 2021.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I was pondering today as I built lists: when OSS was tasked with hunting down rogue AIs (a lot from the Nomad nations), they knew they’d be up against hackers...so did they forget to pack their tinbots? An army of remotes, righting against interventors without any firewalls? Really?

So, I thought to myself, “how could they approach the problem?”

Well, a simple solution would be to give a Deva or a Dakini profile a tinbot. This would be effective and make sense.

I think a more interesting solution would be to add firewall to the benefit that the apsara gives. Maybe a separate profile, maybe in addition to the remdriver profile. But, if the apsara gave any remote it was piloting a firewall bonus to the remote (and its Fireteam) that would go a long way to making the apsara more attractive as a unit again, and to give OSS the hacking defense that they need.

Methuselah likes this.
  2. SpectralOwl

I'm down for anything that gives an Apsara a buff, but I tend to think of it as the Dakinis being there to bully the AI's meatspace toys until it uses its own Hacking abilities to fry them- giving up its element of surprise and its hiding place all at once so a Danavas or Asura can erase it, or a team of Yadus can put a boot through its server. Not to mention Nagas being solid Hackers themselves, and Dasyu being a real terror for advancing Hackers that might wind up facing multiple AROs. Really, it's just a pity that Pitchers continue to exist in their current form, otherwise OSS could do fairly well.

Stiopa and yoink101 like this.
  3. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like your idea concerning the Apsara Cyberdancer. Just add tinbot to the list of buffs given by the Apsara to her Remote. Nice!

yoink101 likes this.
  4. bkromray

bkromray Active Member

Or make rem driver not awful, ie let it be reapplied for an order or even a command token.

yoink101 and Methuselah like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation