1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSS and Transmission Matrix

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by ZlaKhon, Mar 20, 2019.

1. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Hey guys,

how would you go about making a list for a 5 mission tournament that includes Transmission Matrix?

I just realized that both core links I‘d generally play in OSS would be hackable:
    Dakini is my preferred choice, but I also couldn’t really see myself running Yadus without Shakti and/or a Rudras.
    So it seems that I would need to win the hacking fight, if necessary also against Nomads. Any advice on this?

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

What are the other missions? Is it possible to bring two options that could both work depending on your opponent? Hacking denial vs Nomads or Hacking superiority against other factions.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I‘m not actually preparing for a tournament. I just didn’t want to phrase my question in a way that would lead to list suggestions that are viable only in Transmission Matrix.

I‘d be really curious if there are ways to beat Nomads at the hacking game. If thats not possible, I suppose a Yadu Core without Shakti or Rudras would be the only sensible hacking denial in OSS, but it doesn’t feel that good

4. DukeofEarl

There are two advantages that Nomads get in hacking. Transmission Matrix counters one of them, easy access to repeaters. The other is the cost of their units compared to Aleph. Apsara KHD fixes gap that to a large extent. It lacks the marker state, but has better WIP. By not being a marker you can somewhat force the hand of your opponent to try and take it out in ARO or Active turn giving you the option of springing other surprises yourself.

You can get a Deva AHD (Lightning is a huge upgrade for them) in a link for the SSL2 benefit as that will severely damper the effectiveness of any marker KHDs and you still out-WIP Mary Problems. Shakti is similar in a core as well, but only solid against hackers while the Deva can handle a lot more.

They do not get Maestro so your Asura is in a good spot to tank a hit and keep going. Meanwhile they have no hackers that can survive a Maestro and keep running with Dogged or NWI.

It isn't an easy match up, but it is doable if you are prepared.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Maestro cannot kill Asura. But generally yes.

Also remember that Repeaters extend your Hacking Area, not your Zone of Control, so SSL1 does not allow you to delay your ARO with Hackers when enemy in their Repeater range moves (check how WHD has its ability worded slightly differently). However, it will still ignore any Surprise Shot and Deva AHD is absolutely crushing on defence.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  6. DukeofEarl

I don't think that is what I said at all. Sorry if it came off that way. The Asura absolutely gets to keep going, but losing 2 wounds for one failed BTS is a big hit to them and makes the Asura more vulnerable afterwards to other attacks.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The third effect, regarding repeaters, points that yeah, you can use SS1 & 2 through repeaters, since you ARO "as if it was your Zone of Control"

8. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

I would totally take one yadu for transmission matrix. The standard one, unhackable, immune even to E/M isolation, with drop bears and multi rifle for a nice defense.

A yadu fireteam may be too expensive and rigid. But i think a lone yadu may fill the niche when you absolutely need something unhackable but still tough enough for a fight (sorry devas, but you are too frail versus mines/shock), for a reasonable price. He costs as much as a dasyu, but fills a totally different role, better suited to brute force his way through mines and hackers.

Or you take several dasyy KHD and you try to carefully remove the enemy's hackers without entering those pesty repeater areas and take too many ARO to stay alive.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation