1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old models?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Ashtroboy, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Ashtroboy

Ashtroboy Well-Known Member

So I have a few old models, the giant janissary hmg, 2 of the skinny AP rifle janissaries, an old asawira spitfire and some old djanbazans.

Now I’m not too fussed about the asawira, but the janissaries will they look totally out of place compared to the new ones ? And if so what would you use them as?

same applies to the djanbazans I guess.

Any help/ideas appreciated
    Cheers
    Ash

2. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

The Djanbazan will not fit, but the Jannissairy fit quite good with the new box. Of course the rifle-guy is not that tall, but in game you will not see a big difference. For the HMG I often forget about the fact that he was not part of the new box.
    Regarding the Asawira I have no experience.

3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I use all these old models as what they actually are. Including some 1ed super-skinny Ahl Faseeds (since they were ages before the modern-day S5 Al Fasid) as BSG Janissaries (one as-is, if memory serves me... the other after being arm-swapped with the 2nd sculpt Janissary Rifleman, the one you call "skinny". As the original Janissaries were buddies to the "HMG giant". Who, if memory serves me with the forum discussiaon, is actually a she. Yup, she's one big girl :)).

Old Djanbazan were pretty chunky for the day, too.

But what I want to say, is: at arm's length, the scale difference doesn't show that much. Not when you take into consideration the variety of RL human body types. And uniform color scheme does a lot to bring an unit together.

I've seen enough troops in uniform to know they are just assembled for parade drill according to their height (tallest in front / one flank, gradually going to the smallest in the rear / the other flank of the formation). Only few small units - mostly intended for ceremonial purposes - can afford themselves to pick their members based on criteria such as tall height and good looks (yup! Unless you mena the former Easter Bloc tank crews, who were picing short recruits, as tohse fitted into cramped tank interiors better!). But they are there to look pretty and be generally impressive. In actual combat unit, being able to do your job - and do it well - is what matters.

Bottom line: don't worry about it :)

Ashtroboy, Papa Bey and chromedog like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation