1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old forum backup anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by JacobJ, Feb 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Does someone have a backup of the old forum? I already find myself missing info that was on there.

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

If you need stuff off of the old forum, some threads are still cached by Google. But who knows how long that's going to last.

For instance:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ense-vs-cc-attacks/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Basically if you have a URL for a thread, and you search for that URL in Google, if you get lucky there'll be a drop down thing by the URL link for "Cached" to show you Google's cached copy of that page.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  3. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Thanks Solkan. Love the old forum.

4. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

Yeah, I tried the Wayback Machine, but this particular thread isn’t cached.

I remember recently seeing somewhere that someone mentioned having a backup, just can’t remember who or where.

5. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're looking for in the backup, but unless the person was a CB employee they'd probably only have web-scrapings rather than an actual backup.

I've been messing around trying to find some old threads today, and there's already plenty of stuff missing.

6. JacobJ

JacobJ Active Member

I mean a way to read all the old threads offline, whatever that would be called. A download I guess.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation