1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Number of Players

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by LankyOgreBP, Nov 25, 2018.

1. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

We have a fledgling group just jumping into Infinity, though I have been playing on and off for almost 8 years. This means we’re still pretty small and sometimes only 3 or 5 people show up. What sort of scenarios or changes have you done for an odd number of players? I think 4 players is easy enough to modify, just have 2 teams of 2 players or use corner deployment with slightly smaller forces.

With 3 players though, what have you done?
    We could do 2v1. Though a 300 point list isn’t just 2 150 point lists, so I’m not sure it remains fair. On the other hand, mixing factions, extra AVA, and 2 Lieutenants could offset any cumulative effects from 300 points.
    Or we could try to do 12”x16” deployments, two on one side in the corners and the other on the opposite side. I’m thinking the two corner could be 16” toward what would traditionally be midfield and 12” along the back edge. The solo deployment could be 16” wide and 12” deep. Infiltration and Forward Deployment might need some adjustment for what counts as “midfield”. Possibly FD keeps just the measurement away from deployment, infiltration is 12” from deployment, and inferior infiltration is more than 12”.
    Just some thoughts.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

For 3 players, you will want a 4x6 table. Two corner deployment zones and one in the middle on the other side. The corners are 12x24 if they're triangular. Side DZ I'd make a 12" deep and 24" wide rectangle.

LankyOgreBP likes this.
  3. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. I always like reading your thoughts.
    I can see a 4’x4’ board getting a little crowded with three 300 point armies, but I’d be afraid that a 6’ table would tend to favor snipers and other long range weapons, especially when you move the deployment zones closer to 36” apart, rather than 24”. Out of curiosity, what did you do with infiltration, etc deployment?

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Been a really long time since the last time we played 3-way Infinity (I'm talking like 10 years!), but IIRC we made the infiltration go up to 12" from the edge of the DZ, roll if you wanted to go further.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation