1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ODD, Albedo, NFB

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by QueensGambit, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Suppose I make a spec ops with ODD and albedo. Both have the NFB tag, so they can't be active at once, but how exactly does that work?

In the active turn, each time I spend an order can I decide whether to use ODD or albedo for that order?

In the reactive, each time I ARO can I decide whether to have ODD or albedo for that order?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Albedo is a state and you use the Albedo skill to activate it during deployment. Once the state is cancelled, you can no longer re-enter it. While activating another NFB skill is not part of the cancellation of the Albedo state, I'm fairly certain that's the intention.

Then again, I also note that both skills say they allow the wearer to "deploy with <insert stuff here>" and that ODD isn't referring to the skill itself directly granting the benefit, but rather that you get a device if deploying with the skill active so NFB would prevent you from deploying the miniature with both the Optical Disruptor device and the Albedo state at the same time, so I think there's a way to read the rules that you have to choose which you'll get on deployment.

3. QueensGambit

Huh. I did not ever notice that albedo is a state which ends after two turns.

I guess the best interpretation would be that the spec ops spends two turns with albedo but no ODD, then one turn with ODD but no albedo. So... not very useful.

4. Mahtamori

Two player turns. Not two rounds. One active and one reactive turn.

5. QueensGambit

Oh. Wow. I had no idea. Definitely not buying that for my spec ops, he deserves better.

6. Mahtamori

Oh, Albedo is great, but you need it on a miniature that can pack a serious punch, and a Spec Ops is a bit on the low end of the spectrum - you can however get access to Doctor/Engineer which gives access to Servants which in turn gives access to ARO baiting shenanigans which is lethal to strong ARO pieces like Kamau sniper who will be unable to properly respond as a result.

For example, use this Spec Ops as a first-turn clearing unit to pave the way for a Bulleteer
    FUSILIER (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (Engineer, Albedo) Combi Rifle, Feuerbach / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)

0 SWC | 11 Points

Open in Infinity Army

If you stick it in a Fireteam, you have 58% chance of removing a Core Kamau during Active Turn and during Reactive Turn you always have the option of simply not taking a bad ARO against the Kamau and shooting another part of the Fireteam that's not the Leader if they try to move a unit with a MSV pointman.
    If you instead use that Spec Ops with a Servant for shenanigans you'll only have 39% chance of disabling the Kamau, but it'll be risk-free as the only real ARO the Kamau can take is Dodge (unless it wants to risk a 57% chance of perishing to take out the Servant...)

QueensGambit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation