1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O Yoroi conversions

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Fyeya, May 6, 2018.

1. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

So trying to look up good images of the O-Yoroi (trying to decide if I want to get one, also to figure out how the pilot fits inside (where do the legs go?)) and I found this video.

I was curious if people knew how they did this, or any other good ways to convert it and get some good action poses that are 'newbie' friendly, or if it's best just to do the default option.

Just curious what people have done with it, as I'm not sure if I want to get it or the Guijia, as both are just gorgeous.

Golem2God likes this.
  2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

The Guija is probably my favorite S7 TAG for looks (except the awful pose) but how do you not get the mecha style TAG for JSA? I didn't build or paint the one I have, something like that would have been very cool though.

I'm a novice builder/painter myself though so I would have no idea unless they just file and greenstuff.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

All the manned TAGs are like the Landmates from Appleseed, the pilot's legs are in the suit's thighs. Though the newer TAGs are better about how they show it.

[​IMG]

The Raicho is actually the worst of the "where do the legs go" models, but the O-Yoroi isn't really good.

Golem2God and loricus like this.
  4. Fyeya

Yeah, I can see it working like that with the old Guijia, but I'm not sure it would work with the O-Yoroi - the torso is too wide, she'd be doing the splits.

My only guess is her legs are tucked up underneath her in the O-Yoroi's butt, and maybe those funny metal socks she wears are supposed to take the nerve impulses she sends to her legs and use them in the robot.

I dunno.

It's just an issue with landmate style mecha that if they get too big, like the modern tags, that the human body doesn't really fit in it quite right anymore. The old Guijia was much more appropriately sized for it, but didn't have the little arms... so uh, I don't really know.

5. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

I know a bit about O-Yoroi conversions. I did one myself back when the pilot model was released - you can find it in the Conversion thread

The parts of the O-Yoroi that are easiest to modify are the shoulders and the hips. The shoulders can be mounted at just about any angle with greenstuff or some bits lying around, and since it's mostly hidden from view, it doesn't even have to be pretty. The hips can take a bit of displacement from their original pose, though you should have a good plan for how to pin it to its base if you want to do anything drastic. Still, with just some simple rotation of a couple ball joints, you can get some interesting poses:

[​IMG]

If you're more confident with your cutting skills, the best place to start messing around is the elbows. You can snip the arms in half just above the elbow and re-pose to your liking, though this will take more greenstuff skills to get looking good. That said, I'm not an expert sculptor and I didn't find it too difficult to mold a couple of curved "muscles" to fill in the gaps. Just get it looking decent and you can hide a lot of sins with paint. Just snip along the red lines with a good pair of sprue cutters and you should be free to repose the arms however you like. Between this and the shoulder angles you can repose quite extensively.

oyoroi_sword_arm.png oyoroi_hmg_arm.jpg oyoroi_master_arms.png

Hope that helps, and good luck with your conversion!

Golem2God, Section9 and ambisinister like this.
  6. Quickit

Quickit Well-Known Member

One option is to wait for the alternative O-Yoroi model coming this summer. I can't remember where I saw a picture of it, but it's the same torso with different arms. I'm sure someone has a picture of it...

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

That was just the ITS pack version.

Abrilete and meikyoushisui like this.
  8. Fyeya

Yeah, and neat though it is, I don't have 100$ to throw at it

9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can take some better photos later if this is something you're looking at. .

Relatively simple cut off right arm and minor sculpt if the arm plates.
    I bent the other arm and the master arms.
    Repositioned the shoulders to get it right and filled the gap underneath, that's barely visible from most angles

#9 Alphz, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Golem2God, loricus and geo67 like this.
  10. allisdust

allisdust Member

Oh hey, this is mine :D
    Video here:

coleslaw, Abrilete, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  11. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I took that plunge >_>

12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

My box also had a cube jager. I figure if you wait until next season and sell the Cube Jager you've already made back 40% of the cost.

13. Section9

Don't forget the Crane. Between the two of them, you should be able to make up most of the additional cost of the Treason pack (28Euros).

14. Fyeya

I'm between work atm, so I can't really spent 100$ on it and then attempt to sell stuff on a volatile secondary market - and honestly it is just a different pose... so I can attempt a conversion if I get an O yoroi, or just do default.

15. Section9

Well, back when I had more money, I bought two O-Yoroi. I painted one predominantly white with a few red panels (chest plate and bottom of shoulder pads), and painted the other one the opposite way (mostly red with white chest plate and bottom of shoulder pads). Still need to add the Minamoto/Genji and Taira/Heike mon.

Savnock likes this.
  16. Sacapuces

Sacapuces New Member

17. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

18. RejjeN

RejjeN Active Member

Wow! I'm massively impressed! I did my own conversion but tried to mimic the pilot pose, not as awesome as yours though! :D

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation