1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O-12 unit discussion

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Knauf, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

This is meant to be an ongoing thread about unit/loadout discussions for individual O-12 units.

I'll make the start to get things rolling, then we can continue with further unit suggestions from other users.

GAMMA UNIT
    Gamma.JPG

When O-12 was released, I was pretty miffed with the Gamma, as to me it looked like a better Yan Huo at the time. Now that there have been several waves of releases and balance changes since, I feel that the Gamma is in a solid spot overall.

S5 HI with MOV 6-2 is still a rarity and much appreciated on any gunfighter.
    W2 + NWI on an ARM/BTS 6 model is also a fantastic match. BS Attack (+1 B) at BS 14 is an elite shooting profile, only brought down by lack of offensive or defensive modifiers.

The HMG being only normal ammo is a downside in a world where crits don't automatically wound anymore and AP ammo has been proliferated to a great extent, but throwing 5 dice tends to make up for it.

I have somewhat of a love/hate relationship with the Feuerbach loadout. A B3 BS14 Feuerbach is a beautiful thing to have, and due to the exceptional defensive stats of the Gamma, it also works as a decent ARO piece, but 3 dice without modifiers are often not enough to break through on the offense. Sure, you can eat hits like few other models, but losing out on orders can break any game plan.

2. Forthfaran

Forthfaran Well-Known Member

As a new player, I ask myself: What role does the Gamma have?
    You pointed out a lot of his strengths. And I guess his +1B is the stand-in for MSV/markmanship.
    But he seems moderately easy to be outplayed by smoke or heavy mimetism.

So you put the Gamma at a point where your opponent would rather not use smoke? Where mimetism troopers have to face him and wasting orders to get through him?

3. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

The Gamma shoots like a PanO, so apart from cumulating a lot of bad bonuses, he will never really fear mimetism, and his NWI 2W 5ARM will assure him to at least be able to dodge/guts roll once without dying to be able to stand back in active turn to continue the fight if needed.

Smoke is bad, but not that bad when you have gangbuster and epsilon to cover for him, and you also get your own share of smokes, so this is usually not really a problem if you place your Gamma well.

burlesford and Forthfaran like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation