1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Aligned in ITS and Campaign Events

Discussion in 'General' started by TheEmptyRoad, Jan 25, 2018.

1. TheEmptyRoad

TheEmptyRoad Member

How do y’all think it will work?
    Will all of the non-aligned security companies be lumped into one category like their own faction?
    Or will the various merc sectorials be ‘assigned’ to factions based on the rules of the campaign? Like Druze most often work with Haqq for example.
    Orrrr will we the players get to choose who to align with on a campaign by campaign basis? (and event by event basis)

Discuss!

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Well judging by the ITS challenge setup, it looks like they're on their own for now. I'd love to see some kind of resource system to bid for their allegiances in the narrative campaigns, but if that just means they end up joining the winning side and making it impossible for them to lose it would kinda suck...

3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they join the winning side?
    Thay are Mercenaries, after all. If they join PanO and PanO wins, it's because they choose the better contractor.

Although PanO might not want their name associated with the Druze, we still don't know how much this campaigns will affect the fluff.

xagroth likes this.
  4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think they are talking about "paradiso-like" campaigns, where one of the development trees allows you to hire a merc for free.

And PanO might not like the Druze way of doing things... but that's what False Flag ops are all about! :p

Abrilete likes this.
  5. jfunkd

jfunkd hard forum hittin Carlos
    Warcor

Clearly other factions should have to hire us to fight for them.

6. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I think it would be better if individuals could assign themselves to a faction. I am playing Druze, but they are aligned Haqqislam for the campaign. My friend is playing Druze as well, but he Aligned himself to Pano. It would make the most sense as what is the point of a NAA force working on its own to its own goals...they are mercenaries.

nazroth, TheEmptyRoad, Robock and 3 others like this.
  7. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Well. TBH thats a really good question. One could argue that they should ally themselves with another faction, just as if they were hired. At the same time I feel that it would make sense for them to have their own agenda and own goals.

For me, personally, I would prefer if DBS have their own faction. At least until other mercenary armies have emerged (one more is coming during 2018 according to Bostria in the cancon-video).

Either that, or if they would group up several factions with matching interests in the campaign.

But in the end, mercs are mercs, they could be joining with PanO in one battle, and pitted against them in the next. In the noble words of the Swedish singer-songwriter Meja "it's all about the money.."

8. NewWorldKing

NewWorldKing New Member

NA2 armies could also just be grouped together, and were all hired out to, say, O-12 to do stuff. It's a simple solution.

But I'd like the idea that, at the end of every win, you can choose who you give the win to. That'd be fun.

Druze giving wins to CA incoming!

9. Vain

Vain Active Member

I would be happy if all the NA2 armies' points went back to their NA2 and just showed how the winds of war increased the amount of small merc units/companies working in the theatre.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  10. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

I too, would like to be able to assign my Mercs to an *eligable* faction [Haqqislam], for the duration of a campaign. In Campaign: Paradiso, certain mercs were not allowed to work for certain factions, I could see this as something very interesting and would maybe change from season to season/campaign to campaign. [JSA currently not allowed to align with Yu Jing, Druze/Ikari not allowed to align with Ariadna].

coleslaw likes this.
  11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

This seems like the best way to treat the "faction" as a whole.

On an individual level, I doubt anyone is going to frown on NA2 players hiring themselves out and playing games for points under the flag of the different factions.

nazroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation