1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad's Zero (work in progress)

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by HotFreshTofu, Dec 21, 2017.

1. HotFreshTofu

HotFreshTofu Well-Known Member

I have been painting a nomad model every now and then to break up the monotony (and challenge) of browns and tans from the Haqqislam models I was focused on this past year. I find the nomad paint scheme to be the most fun, and simple to paint. I can just block out black and red areas, then when time permits work on highlighting, detailing, and cleaning it up.

Here is a Zero I have been painting. I still need to finish the white and grey areas, the base, and a few details. Please offer any comments or criticisms. I am still a beginner and I am always trying to improve my painting. The weakest point I see on the model is the bag on his back. I recognize that it does not look good, but I'm not sure how to fix that. Also, there is a small mistake on his right shoulder orange tube highlight, where the orange meets the white. One other orange highlight was overlooked entirely, on his hip next to the mine.

I have also kept a log of how much time I have spent, just for curiosity's sake, as I know I am a very slow painter, but I wanted to compare with others.

Total time spent so far: 153 minutes / 2.55 hours -- not as bad as I thought! I estimate the total time when I finish to be about 3.5 hours.

IMG_0240.jpg IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0245.jpg IMG_0239.jpg

#1 HotFreshTofu, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation