1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newb questions regarding JSA

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Birdio, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Birdio

Birdio New Member

Hi, I’m relatively new in the game, playing now Aco because I liked it, but I have the bug of JSA inside before I started playing, I bought Mushashi and Kitsune like 10y ago, and I keep finding myself looking at the JSA army pack every time I go to the flgs to play. Is it worth the box or like others you end using more than half of he figures as proxies? I’m thinking of lists about Kitsune, Mushashi, Togan or Jojimbo, oniwabans, ninjas... cool >> competitive for me.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Goonhammer

Goonhammer Not associated with Goonhammer.com in any way.

The box is absolutely worth it, especially if your list building ethos favors the rule of cool over being super competitively successful. It gives you the start of a keisotsu fireteam, which, as much as I hate to admit it, is pretty close to mandatory in a lot of lists, at least insofar as it can be used as a battery to power all the things you want to actually accomplish stuff. It also gives you two different flavors of Ryuken, which are situationally awesome if used right (meaning kept the hell away from direct template weapons), the Daiyokai, which I love to launch like a missile directly into the opponents brain, and a great new oniwaban sculp, which is the stabbiest of all the stabby things we can field.

Obviously, if none of those things appeal to you, or your playstyle, don't get it, but I think it's worth the purchase. Plus, the models all look really, really nice, especially compared to old JSA stuff.

Abrilete likes this.
  3. Desolad0r

Desolad0r Member

I use all minis from the box frequently. But not at the same time.

I love Kuroshi Rider too, but I don't usually use Batou.

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

The Daiyokai I don't think I field almost ever. The HRL Ryuken is your proxy for your second SMG Ryuken until you get something else to use for it. Kuroshi Rider is hit or miss, there are some missions where I would definitely favor her, but some where she wouldn't even be a consideration.

Everything else you'll use almost every game.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The HRL is occasionally useful, but normally a second Ryuken SMG is better.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

That makes the Daiyokai a better Gecko. Effectively gained a free Order worth of value on a troop you will be spending it on every turn. One of two JSA troops that can score in TAG missions.
    Still don't like the Haris around him, might consider running him in a Duo with Neko though (2019, the year where Duos became a thing lmao).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation