1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user from Germany saying hello

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Uthoroc, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Uthoroc

Uthoroc Well-Known Member

Hi folks! I'm a newcomer to the wonderful game Infinity and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm a German guy from Siegen in Northrhine-Westphalia, and been a role-player, board gamer and occasional dabbler into tabletop games for many years.

I had been eyeing Infinity for its beautiful models for a while and got myself the Operation Red Veil starter set last year (shortly before CodeOne was announced, doh!). By now I've painted the set and played through the introductory missions with a friend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really loved the latter missions, as the tactical choices of the game started to show and that hooked me into getting more Infinity stuff. I've now picked up Coldfront (cheaply in a charity auction), and grabbed the Kaldstrom set for CodeOne.

I'll freely admit, going from the Red Veil mini missions to the full N3 rules is a pretty daunting step, and the more accessible CodeOne seems very appealing to me. Unfortunately the faction I had picked out as my favorite one - Haqqislam - is not covered. I'm thinking I could either proxy another faction with my Haqqislam minis, or see whether I can create sensible CodeOne profiles for them, based on the existing units. This is to further play with regular tabletop buddy locally.

Any advice for where to go from here? Does it make sense to grab a few more Haqqislam minis, if I kinda want to go for CodeOne/wait for N4? What would you do if you'd want to use Haqqislam with CodeOne rules?

Urobros, Demotron and Koin-Koin like this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

First, great paint job you've done there.

All the factions will be covered by Code One as time will go but for the time being you've got two main options to play HaqqIslam with it :
    - CB's advice : play them normally, you just won't play the skills a profil has in N3 but is not covered in C1
    - use the community made army lists proposed here

EDIT: I forgot to mention that once N4 will be release, it would be easier to get a C1 profil by just stripping it from the non-C1 skills.

Uthoroc likes this.
  3. Uthoroc

Ah, thank you for the link to the army lists, that looks great!

4. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Welcome to the game, @Uthoroc!

Those are some beautifully painted miniatures, kudos.

How you want to proceed at this point depends a bit on what kind of approach you have:

- are you planning on going very competitive? In that case I'd suggest waiting for the final Haqq profiles in Code One/N4 to avoid purchases you might regret in the future.

- are you mainly in it for the miniatures and casual games? In that case just get whatever unit you like the look/concept of. You could also check or ask how old any given sculpt is, as N4 will likely further reduce the list of officially supported models and profiles. You can, of course, always proxy units if you are not too concerned with that.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. I live closeby, so once the whole pandemic is under control we could meet up for some games once in a while :)

5. Uthoroc

Thanks! I'm generally not a very competitive player - the painting is always a major part for me, and I like casual games better. I might try a tournament eventually, just to see how it goes, but it's definitely not a priority.

Finding someone else around here to play the occasional game would be cool of course. While my TT buddy certainly enjoys the game, I don't see him getting deeply into Infinity.

Knauf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation