1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Vanilla Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by st3ncil, Feb 25, 2018.

1. st3ncil

st3ncil Member

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the game and Yu Jing. We just started a build up campaign and I decided to go with vanilla Yu Jing, as I like the idea and model of the Hac To.

I tried myself on my first 300p list and wanted some advice from some more experienced Yu Jing players.

[​IMG] Heavy and Hard 3
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 59)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] HAC TAO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 70)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

what do you guys think?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Not enough orders for all three of your big guys, imo. I think swapping the Hac Tao to the HMG and the Yan Huo to the Neurocinetics Missile Launcher version alleviates all of the main problems I see right now -- not enough orders for the big guys, limited mobility on the long range piece, weak reactive turn.

The short range Hac Tao options almost require a full combat group to support them because they have only close range weapons and no way of getting up the board except walking there.

st3ncil likes this.
  3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

It's fine for a new player's limited insertion list. @meikyoushisui 's ideas are all good though. Once you play a few games you are likely to move further from Zhanshis to Kuang Shi or Keisotsu to save points.

st3ncil and meikyoushisui like this.
  4. st3ncil

st3ncil Member

Thank you guys for the tips. What is the order count a big guy wants? 5 or more?

I tried to build something which supports the big guys more. The Yan Huo should help me with ARO right? Do you think the get enough orders with this and what would you pack for the remaining 18p?:
    [​IMG] Hello?
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] HAC TAO (Executive Order) HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 69)
    [​IMG] DÀOFĚI Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 55)
    [​IMG] NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] GŬILÁNG (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
    [​IMG] KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TOKUSETSU EISEI Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)

6 SWC | 282 Points

Open in Infinity Army

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

All heavy hitters want 10 orders. I think what they are referring to is that the first list had 3 heavy hitters sharing 10 orders, which means that likely one of them won't do their job (one primary hitter, one backup and the last one is the third wheel unless your opponent seriously over-extends and you can make use of the full range of your deployment zone)

meikyoushisui and st3ncil like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation