1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me) MAF methods/composition

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by derbrizon, Aug 15, 2018.

1. derbrizon

derbrizon Well-Known Member

So! I spent a lot of time playing Soggylink, and a list i termed "dogshow" which lots of warbands and a following mixed bag of tools, Yaogat Spitfire, and a Vanguard link. like 18 orders... It was slow to play but I got fast and I did pretty well with it.

The new Raicho is out. I want to tinker with it, and learn new way to to use the Raicho in mission where a strong defense is needed. A TAG with HSG and Mine Dispenser is a HUGE defensive tool, while MAF has other pretty good LT's and attackers.

I also want to move toward 10-order lists - it looks like a new way to challenge myself at the game, as 10-orders is not something i've been doing much for a long time, and it looks especially tough with MAF.

[​IMG] RaichoWut?
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] RAICHO MULTI HMG + Heavy Shotgun, Mine Dispenser / . (2 | 94)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] RAICHO PILOT 2 Heavy Pistols, D-Charges, Knife. ()
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] Q-DRONE Plasma Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    [​IMG] E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] ANYAT K1 Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MORAT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAT Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    [​IMG] YAOGAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 29)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] RODOK HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Then, I want to change the way I'm suing the Hungrylink, too. I want the Hungries to be a secondary threat. Where before I used them as a cruise missile, I think they, too, can be a very fast second-turn/reaction maneuver group - and until they have to go do work, they make a great order battery to fuel stuff like Rasyat, a strong LT and so on.

[​IMG] Double Rasyat

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] OZNAT Vulkan Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] PRETA Chain Rifle / AP CCW. (0 | 7)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] RASYAT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] SOGARAT Lieutenant AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] YAOGAT Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 32)
    [​IMG] RASYAT Spitfire, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (1.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] ZERAT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] ZERAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Anywho, tear it apart. how would you kill this? what factions woult these have trouble with.

Upcoming missions are Power Pack, Acquisition, and Capture+Protect.

toadchild likes this.
  2. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

The first lists weakness is the intentional order limitation, so I'd approach it by bogging it down and wasting its orders. The usual. Watch out for Ariadna, a fair warning for all limited insertion lists, but doubly so for MAF and its absolute lack of board control available at deployment. I have one question about your list, why the E-drone? Is it mission related? I didn't bother to double check those. Otherwise a Vanguard hacker would let you bring the Q-drone, take up less of a footprint in deployment and would bolster your presumed Vanguard link with SS2.

The second list I'd try to punch out the Soggie since the main combat group is so heavily weighted with remotes and hungries the Morat rule is too diluted to be helpful. Granted, Soggies are not so easy to punch out.

3. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

This statement is wrong. The Raicho with HSG and Mine Dispenser is a massive offensive tool. She can drop mines to lock down corners, cover short and long fire lanes, and the pilot can hop out under cover of the tag to push buttons.

As for your 10 order list, here is what I would take.

[​IMG] RaichoWut?

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] YAOGAT (Fireteam: Haris) Combi Rifle + Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] YAOGAT MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 34)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The Raicho does the heavy lifting, Bit tosses repeaters everywhere, Yaogats provide cover, and the Ikadrons bring all sorts of reloads with baggage. I love the E-drone and have gotten a lot of use out of Exile.

4. derbrizon

The edrone is because exile and 6-4 with a combi is a hell of a drug. I have another variant that trades some things around for a daturazi link instead of vanguard, but I'm not so sure. Either way: it's low on versatility. The raicho and Morat costs are hard for me to find a solution in the 11-13 order ranger that I like. Specifically because the command token order drop.

In the second list, I'm glad you said that. The soggy is a hard target, and Ikadron make him even harder. I'd love for an opponent to spend lots of orders going after it. But moving some morats into group1 and the Ikadron to group 2 is probably a good idea. Regardless, if I'm going second and soggy eats it, this list SHOULD have enough stuff to switch things around.

I'd argue we're both right. It Isle a great attack tool. But, Of any non-camo tag, that hsg and mine dispenser makes the raicho extremely versatile in surviving attacks up close. The ability to lay mines without moving is a big bonus to defending your table side on missions where late- game control is vital - like power pack. The raicho and Hungries are practically made to pounce on whatever comes to your side to take the console. My current issue is having raicho be -one- of the things I can work with, not the only thing I can work with.

Your list bugs me in that I have 3 msv2 troops at like 100 points. That Harris is a hard sell for me - because if the opponent overinvests in stopping raicho I do -not- want to butt heads directly, and a 4-2 sniper team isn't really the best thing to take around the long way. I also usually go for the spitfire yaogat and a daturazi as a pair, but 10-orders is hard to squeeze things in with.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

If you're going to bring heavy armor in a limited insertion list, I'd just go all the way and take both a Raicho and a Sogarat.

[​IMG] Tanky Stuff

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SOGARAT Lieutenant AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)
    [​IMG] ANYAT K1 Combi Rifle, Chain-colt, Smoke Grenades, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] MORAT Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAT HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAT (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Submachine Guns, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Operative Group) Mk12, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

DaRedOne likes this.
  6. derbrizon

Hah I actually played this the other day:

[​IMG] Raichosoggy

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]4
    [​IMG] SOGARAT AP HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 56)
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Fireteam: Haris) Operative Group) Mk12, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Fireteam: Haris) Operative Group) Mk12, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 24)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

DaRedOne and toadchild like this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Are you getting much use out of the solo combi/panzer Yaogat? I usually end up defaulting to the Sogarat as my lieutenant because I'm more likely to spend my free order there.

8. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

If I'm not taking Kornak I'll tend to take a Yaogat LT, particularly in Ltd insertion, I find he makes for a nice little trouble shooter with something for armour, more armour than usual, suppression fire and if he ends up as your solo MSV a skirmisher sweeper. A list like this you're not setting out to use the msv smoke trick but it's nice to have the option if you need to take the pressure of TAG and TAG Jr

toadchild likes this.
  9. Styx

Styx Cat.IE~~

1-
    [​IMG] Morat Aggression Force

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] [​IMG] RAICHO PILOT 2 Heavy Pistols, D-Charges, Knife. (0)
    [​IMG] RODOK Lieutenant Combi Rifle, 2 Light Shotguns / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] RODOK HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] RODOK Paramedic (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] RODOK Paramedic (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] RODOK Hacker (EI Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 296 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2-

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] KORNAK Lieutenant Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] RAKTORAK Vulkan Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] SURYAT HMG + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 45)
    [​IMG] SURYAT Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] SURYAT MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

6 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

3-

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    [​IMG] ZERAT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] RAICHO PILOT 2 Heavy Pistols, D-Charges, Knife. (0)
    [​IMG] R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MORAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]5 [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] OZNAT Vulkan Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] RASYAT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 28)

4 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Your main cheap and support pieces: Ikadrons, drones, dr.worm/kurgats and Bit&Kiss (she, always pls). Even if you playing MAF, always run with full team core, don't with 3 or 4 if you don't run with haris options. Daturazi as a great WB pieces but they need Yaogats sinergie, and run with a couple of them, if you don't run with msv2, switch to Krakots always as a rushing game. If you going to be a specialized list, run like this 3 examples, 2 on LI and 1 on spam order list.

Golem2God and Plex like this.
  10. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the Yaogat Haris, they consistently do a lot of work for me. The Sniper and Spitfire are interchangeable in my view and define the purpose of the team. Spitfire is a midfield hunter team, Sniper is a defensive team. That said, I usually get more done with the panzerfaust shots than the SWC weapons. I usually keep an Ikadron close by them to reload most of the time.

11. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

You guys are doing it all wrong, if you're going to Raicho...

[​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    [​IMG] RAICHO MULTI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 89)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE Submachine Gun, Chest Mine / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] MORAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 14)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or this...

[​IMG]6 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]5
    [​IMG] RAICHO MULTI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 89)
    [​IMG] OZNAT Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] KORNAK Lieutenant Mk12, Light Flamethrower / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 41)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

:D

derbrizon likes this.
  12. derbrizon

Re: @toadchild : The yaogat LT is great! The 1.5 swc is sometimes hard to fit in for the sniper or spit. The LT usually moves around with the LT order and coordinated orders to keep pace with the daturazi. It also saves swc or points if youre stuck between yogurt, vanguard LT and a single Rodok or something.

Frankly I end up with suryat HMG lt more than sogorat due to cost, but I rarely regret running sogorat... until he ends up dodging over and over again and then flubs the damned automedkit roll lol.

Rofl. Second one, please.

The hard sell for me is in a single combat group list. I like the Harris with lots of orders - like with a Hungries link and lots of light harasser stuff. I definitly prefer the spitfire for the possible smoke+suppfire, and the panzerfaust on the harris (or LT) and grenades on the potential hacker (or bsg+#2) make the yogurt harris link pretty damn versatile. I've had the spitfire in the enemy DZ leaving trails of bodies in smoke lol. I should play that Harris a bit more often. Ditto for kurgat Harris.

Even Core Yogurt link isn't so bad. I've played where I brought the Harris profile in core so I could split it when I needed. Leave Harris with sniper at home and move up with hacker and spitfire, for example.

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation