1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Player Waukesha/Milwaukee Wisconsin

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Hapless, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Hapless

Hapless New Member

Okay, Hello!
    I have a lot to say, not much time to say it, and I don’t want to look like an ass in the process let’s see which 2 of those 3 I manage to pull off.

First off I have enjoyed the game so far, I’m working my way up through operation Icestorm. I’m thinking I might build up my Pan-O but I do still like the nomads. Haven’t gotten to play them just loving their lore so far, and the look of the line.

But I was wondering if someone experienced in the game would like to sit down with me and maybe run me through the missions? I’d love to participate in the big event this summer. Can’t do that if I don’t know the rules well enough.

Next, is there a group in the Waukesha area? Or do I have to go out as far as Milwaukee?

Second is, I have a collection of terrain for another sci-fi miniatures game from a certain workshop. It has a very worn and ruined feeling to it, Would that look good for a Paradiso board?

Otherwise I have a bunch of MDF “Hab-block houses” and a huge MDF generator plus what comes in Icestorm that maybe could make an interesting board, maybe? I’ve always felt that the board should help tell the story. So some help knowing how much terrain I might want for a personal supply for having my friends over, would be a plus?

Anyway recap, on questions or the TL:DR version
    1. Is there an experienced player who can run me through Icestorm?
    2. How far away is my nearest community of players?
    3. Is 40K terrain going to look out of place? Should I continue to invest in more MDF terrain? How much?

2. Forbino1

Forbino1 Well-Known Member

@Ultramega is in the Wisconsin area, and may be able to direct you.

3. AtomicHan

AtomicHan Plays with fire and sticky stuff

Did you end up finding a group to play with? I am in the works of starting up a community in the Fox Valley. We have 4 casual players but we are all relatively new.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation