1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player searching for some wisdom...

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Basuh, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Basuh

Basuh New Member

Hi,
    I am a total n00b player and just started into digging the fluff books about the factions. Normaly I enjoy games where I can play control, locking them enemy down and frustrate the with minimizing their choices. Long story short, playing the antigame. I was drawn by aethetics into the Aleph faction, but which faction matches my playstyle the lost?

This game seems to have a hard learningcurve, what basic steps (rulebooks etc.) you would recommend?

And last: Is there anyone playing the game in Berlin/Germany?

THX

#1 Basuh, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Play style wise if you're looking for area control/denial you'll want to look for units with some of the following gear/skills:

• Mines & Minelayer
    • Perimeter weapons (Crazy Koalas, Mad Traps)
    • Hacking Devices and Repeaters
    • Jammers
    You can also opt into a camouflage heavy strategy that looks to waste opponent's orders by making them reveal troops first. Aleph has a fair number of Mines and Camouflage troops and good hackers but lacks in Perimeter weapons and jammers. Some common suggestions I suspect you'll see for starting armies:

• Yu Jing (A preponderance of Perimeter weapons here)
    • Nomads (Great hacking, Mines and Perimeter Weapons)
    • Ariadna (Lots of Camo markers and Mines)

Learning the game you'll want to focus on understanding two basic concepts first. Getting down the timing of orders and AROs is very important to understanding the game. After that you'll want to become comfortable with the face to face roll and how the dice rolling plays out.

Once you have those basics the rest of the game is just learning specific exceptions/modifiers basically. I'd recommend looking for videos on you tube there are lots of good learning videos and battle reports. Off the top of my head I'd look for Guerrilla Miniature Games on YouTube Ash is a great guy and brings alot of fun energy to his videos.

But ultimately playing the game is the best way to learn I believe there is a strong German presence for the game so I'll leave it to locals to find you and to help out. :)

Basuh likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation