1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

New player, cant find tournaments...

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Sayloth, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Sayloth

Sayloth New Member

Hey guys,

As stated in the title, I am a new player to both infinity and A!. I live in Virginia about an hour from Washington D.C. so I assumed it would not be hard to find some organized play. When I use the OTM though I come up with no events. None in VA, MD or WV. Do you guys have any advice? It's just frustrating that the only game I can play with ease is 40k.

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

3. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hello and welcome.

You may wait a bit before having new IRL tournaments.

Meanwhile, you can play online with the worldwide community on TTS for both games.
    Join the many discord channels to get in touch with the community ^^

4. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

The English Discord: https://discord.gg/bBtbnq5

Almost all the time there is at least one TTS event running and organized via this Discord server or the Spanish Telegram group.

RL events are tricky. I don't expect them here in Germany before the mid/end of 2021 and maybe we even have to wait till 2022 until we see larger events.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower
    Warcor

Even here in New Zealand, where the virus is basically somebody else's problem, we aren't having a lot of face to face events.

6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Also, sucks to hear that people are still playing 40K right now. Unless everyone's wearing medical-grade respirators and sanitizing everything, that's not a good idea.

TTS is great though. You can watch and learn from some great players worldwide. Also you don't even have to own the actual models to try out a wacky list or whatever.