1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Moiras, Healers and Custodiers.

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Hachiman Taro, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

I kinda feel like they messed these classic units up with the Bakunin update.

Yeah a points drop on Moras is kinda nice enough, but they still don't all work together right and won't get taken often.

as @inane.imp suggested to me:

Reverend Healers would make more sense to get a frenzy (and hence discount), No 2 (and maybe dogged). They'd fit better mechanically and fluff wise and be more coherent with and worthwhile in comparision to Agatha

Moira's could then just drop the No2 for a discount.

Custodiers should get more Lt options (if CB want any other profile to get taken) and have NFB removed.
    Preferably with some kind of discount, maybe from Frenzy or dropping a stat down or going down to mim -3.

They all really should be shock immune at least, maybe in exchange for PH10 and losing some CC which is not very useful to them anyway.

1337Bolshevik likes this.
  2. dtjunkie19

dtjunkie19 New Member

Moira point drop is actually pretty nice. If you kept trimming skills/stats on a mim -6 profile, you would end up with hyper efficient core and pure linkable models and that would dominate the sectorial. As it sits now, most of the profiles have a use case.

Custodiers - I think all the profiles are pretty useful now.

SaladSnek likes this.
  3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

The only think I dislike is the fact Healers are CC22 with no skills and a goddamn Shock CCW. That's some inflation.

LaughinGod and burlesford like this.
  4. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Moiras and Custodiers seem fine; 25 points for a BS 12 Mim-6 MultiRifle that can push buttons and even has a Template for emergencies seems pretty dang solid. Ditto for the Mim-6 Hacker with a HD+, Pitcher, and WIP 14.

They're not the most optimized profiles, sure, but they've got enough other stuff going for them to seem reasonable, and with Cenobites as cheap link-fillers they seem not bad at all.

SaladSnek likes this.
  5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Didn't Healers used to have EXP CCW?

csjarrat likes this.
  6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

They used to have EXP CCWs, yes.

But the thing is with EXP CCWs that CC22 at least makes some sense.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  7. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Indeed. But they also were expensive

8. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

They're still expensive.

The mess of skills and equipment non character reverends pay for (High CC but not enough to be good at it (or with a CCW that makes use of it), Mim -6 on models that don't want to gunfight in an edition with mass template spam, Mim -6 on models that lose it to NFB, Arm but not enough to make them durable, No2 on profiles that don't need won't use it etc, etc) means they just don't compete. Compare a Custodier to a Barid for efficiency, it's a no contest.

The price drop on Moiras just seems like the minimum thought hand wave to years of non use and all the thought has gone into the new shiny stuff that will sell. But people have to buy these models too, because they are in mixed packs now.

But apart from that they're a mess functionally. Like you don't want No2 on your Moira HMG bc she's the one that's going to get crit off the table. You do want it on your healer because she's your back up.

With all the bloat on the profiles I'm pretty convinced they'd have to all get shock immune, dogged and lose some stuff (maybe even both Healers and Custodiers go to mim -3) to really see much of the table.

I wrote a list initially with the Daemon Lt and a Moira HMG in a Cenobite haris just to make use of the 2 lt orders, but it's just not as good as just spamming the new super-efficient stuff.

Healer - Mim -3, Ma2, no2, Dogged, Shock immune, DA CCW, Frenzy. For Less than Agatha
    Moira - Mim-6 still , CC 16, Ph 10, lose No2, Shock immune, Frenzy, Dogged
    Custodier - Mim -3, Arm 2, Ph10, Frenzy, Dogged, Shock Immune, Lt options on all profiles.

Personally, that's what I think it would take to see them on the table after the initial try them out phase.

9. SaladSnek

SaladSnek Well-Known Member

I like the design a lot and thats after being sad about "unplayable" moiras for a long time and initially feeling a little bummed they went with a space nuns instead of a space witches vibe. (I'm warming up to the aesthetic now. expectations tend to turn into resentments)

Moira- I think the points reduction is exactly what they needed. They'll still go down to templates still but it feels a whole flash-pulse bot less bad when it happens. They all have NCO because your really just going to pick 1 or 2 even when running a reverence core or at the head of a Harris.

Custodier- Great as ever. Love the addition of a KHD profile. When I play hard into reverence the core will be built around 3 of these, one of each hacking device.

Healer- fixed. I think its much more cohesive for the healer to have min -6 bs 12. I think a reverence core leans on taking out the visors and templates early to lean on the min -6. I didn't like bringing a 'soft spot' in the fireteam with the old profile with min-3, especially on the Dr. in the group. I appreciate writing in a character healer with all the strengths of the old healers, none of their weaknesses for a premium.

I think the strat with Moiras has always been hide from visors and take them out active with chimera or white noise, screen for templates with morlocs (or zeros with mines) Cenobites can now play the morlocs role from within the fireteam along with a nice points reduction.

I think its fun. I'm sad to hear so many people are upset with the design for one reason or another. Riot grrls are tough to compete with, as my favorite pure fireteam in the game as a whole and there's enough here to make me consider taking a reverence core in some games instead. Its a nice mid point between the moderator 'all kit, no shoot' fireteam, and the always be shootin' riot grrls fireteam that can't bring a hacker.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation