1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Military Orders player questions

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Niu7, May 28, 2018.

1. Niu7

Niu7 New Member

Salut, dear community. I am a relatively new player and want to start my first ever PanO army with Military Orders sectorial. But I have a few questions.

First: where I can get model SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) with a multi sniper rifle or with

Second: what other knights except for Hospitaliers I should get?

Third: will Operation: IceStorm and Beyond IceStorm Expansion be a good point to start (to learn basics), and what minis from this box I can use for my future MO army?

2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

There's currently only an official model for TO Multi Sniper Rifle, you can get it in MO Starter Box:

https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/panoceania/280244-0268-military-order-sectorial-starter-pack

For TOFOOS (TO Forward Observer Order Sergeant) you can use any generic Order Sergeant, noone should have issues with it.

Also check general proxy rules, they just got much more liberal ;)

Magister knights, you might want to wait as there's a resculp coming in 1-2 months ;) Rest of knights are not that great position atm. but a box of Santiagos later might a fun change from "standard" Hospitallers (plus although Santiagos are old they still look superb). It's still big mystery if we will see any resculps of other Knightly Orders this year.... (which can say much about CB approach to MO and deeper changes).

It's semi good place. From Icestorm you get nice 4 direct MO models. 3 Fusiliers which you can field in MO, "unique" Father Knight model. You can use Nisee MSR as a good proxy for TO Order Sergeant MSR, and ORC you can field as generic Knights with MultiRifle (or if you have skills and green stuff, add tabard and pretend he's a proper knights xD).

Beyond Box for PanO doesn't offer too much MO (actually no models from it are usable in MO). Swiss Guard is NCA, Bolt Paramedic too, and Kamau is from Varuna :)

barakiel likes this.
  3. Niu7

Niu7 New Member

Dam! Sorry! I've pressed report instead replay(( There were nothing I am so inattentive. Thank you for your answer!

4. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

And thats what man gets for his good deeds.....

"No good deeds will be omitted"

Hopefully admins will be merciful this time ;P

5. Niu7

Niu7 New Member

Aw! I will write to them right now)

6. Niu7

Niu7 New Member

Also, since you are here - can you explain a proxy thing. If I Wouldnt get MO starter box can I use one of the spec. sergeant from their box to proxy sergeant with a multi sniper? Or I should directly get MO Starter and youse mini from it?

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The current Proxy rules allows you to use any Corvus Belli model as any model on the table, so you could even use Sun Tze as Joan D'arc if you want...

The previous rules were that a level of conversion was needed, or the troop to not have a miniature available, but most if not all Tournament Organizers would let you use any Order Sargeant as any profile as long as your opponent can tell one from another (so no having 5 copies of the same base Order Sargeant and say this is sniper, this is spitfire, this is FO, this is... etc...). I heard tales of a guy who placed post-its on the model's bases so they were easy to identify, and I know of players who paint a name on the back of the base, so each trooper is different (I assume they place the name on the lists too).

eciu likes this.
  8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Hey @Niu7 and welcome to PanOceania.

One of the first things any new Infinity player needs to do is get to know @ShaeKonnit and his split box deals: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/split-box-deal-single-infinity-minis.1099/

He can help you out with all the bits and pieces which you can't get without otherwise picking up a bunch of stuff that you don't want.

One good example is a Montesa Knight from the Acontecimento Starter (which is otherwise useless to you) and also Fusiliers from Icestorm (which are useful but you don't want the rest of the units).

You'll want a couple of boxes of DroneBot remotes so you can build and run Fugazi and Pathfinder remotes, as well as a box of Mulebots. The Bulleteer box is seldom a bad choice no matter which PanOceania force you are going to run.

Other than those I'd suggest picking up Joan, De Fersen and a Black Friar. They are all options you will want to have on the table. If you DO get Joan then pick up a WarCor and a Tech Bee, you'll want those two to give her two extra orders for 8 points (she turns their Irregular orders Regular as part of her abilities).

Chill on the Magisters for a bit and then pick up the box in a month or so (the new sculpts will go with the new Hospitaller Knights better).

If there's anything else you want to know just ask. There's a wealth of experience here so don't be afraid to draw on it!

9. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I personally don't like the old sculpts, even for the cool models (like Sepulcher knight), the old combi rifle is ugly and the shin guards are weird (the portruding triangle thingy). Mo is in bad position, but getting better. The new sculpts are: 2 Joan (because we all know that you need 4 different minis of a character), Crusader, 2 Father knights, Hospitaler box, Order sergeant box (no TO yet, comes with 3 sergeants and an aux bot), Montesa knight from ASA starter, and De Fersen.

The magister box supposed to arrive soon, so wait at least for that. CB really should release a TO sergeant box, so we can spam those properly. The knight minis seem to be really similar, I can't tell the difference between the Montesa and the Hospitaler (apart from the pose and the weapon ofc.).

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

No, no Montesa is a Father Knight copy ;P

Relevant:
    [​IMG]

Guardian, coma, M.O.A. and 7 others like this.
  11. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

Sorry to get it here but its aimed at MO players, today my phone told me that you can make a combined Link of Hospitallers and Magisters with only one (ONE/1/uno/ejad/один/jeden) Hospitaller+4 Magister.
    I remember the fairly resent update that DeFersen counts for the 2 Hospitallers in the link, but it was always no less than 2....
    Is CB revisiting MO?

12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

There's no change on my infinity app.

13. Make PanO Great Again :P

14. Make PanO Great Again :P

Also on PC:

[​IMG]

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  15. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

eciu likes this.
  16. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

Nothing have changed, we're always allowed to field one Knight with Magisters. Since the last rulebook, at least:)

17. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Yep, that's not a change.

It's just that taking a HMG and a Doctor is such an effective pairing that you wouldn't usually want to take only one.

18. Make PanO Great Again :P

Strange, did´t remembered this way before, then again i play NCA and Vanilla so its not my thing.
    I had my hopes in a revision of MO that will fix the KotHS, not going to happen it seems.
    Thanks

19. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

one day they will fix the sepulcher and the teuton, perhaps even spice up the father knight. But it is not this day.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation