1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Aristo ;)

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Eightballz, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Eightballz

Eightballz Well-Known Member

Hello! I am Christian from Germany and I have been involved in board games with miniatures since December. My entry was the Doom game, then Imperial Assault in January and finally Aristeia two weeks ago!

What I love about aristeia is the duel situation between two players and the MOBA style. Already 10 years ago we liked to play Starcraft mods that were Arena Mods (except Tower Defense: D).

In the last days I completed the painting of the minis. I'm satisfied overall. There are worlds between my first Doom figures and the last Aristeia figures. :D

Currently I paint my obstacles. I got 28 mm PVC blocks for that. I sawn it in 2.5 cm height and first primed black. I have chosen 2.5 cm, because I find that it disturbs the overview less. The sliding obstacles are in 1.5 cm. I'll paint a red hexagon on top of the black blocks. The black blocks look great. Has something of coal or ore.

Attached some pictures. Unfortunately not very good. I do not have much idea about photographing minis.
    20180301_160748_resized.jpg 20180305_184639_resized.jpg 20180305_190218_resized.jpg

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Welcome! Hey, nice team!

:wink:

Eightballz likes this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Great job! In my opinion you did the most important thing which is to make each character unique so that you can see the tactical position at a glance. Each model looks attractive on its own as well. I decided to paint each base a different solid color so I could tell each model apart easily. For instance I used a shiny silver base for "Quicksliver" Gata. However to each his own.

Eightballz likes this.
  4. Eightballz

I really like the idea with the differently colored bases. But somehow I'm still totally into monochrome bases. The neutrality of the base brings out the figure even more. But the deeper I go into the world of miniatures and tabletops, the more my view changes. : D
    I've bought more paintbrushes in the past four weeks than I've ever had in my life.

5. Tipzntrix

Tipzntrix Active Member

I really like the standing pillars for the blocked spaces, and even obstacles after that. Nice work!

Eightballz likes this.
  6. Eightballz

Thanks! the plan is to paint the columns with a red hexagon at the top. Similar to the fields on which they stand. The obstacles still get the fan painted.

7. Eightballz

I do not want to run a WIP thread here, but since we already have the topic ...

Yesterday I finished the columns and obstacles. At the top the red hexagon was painted and at the obstacle I painted the fan. Then sprayed with a matte finish. I think the result is really good.

20180306_204642_resized.jpg 20180306_212741_resized.jpg 20180306_212838_resized.jpg 20180306_222204_resized.jpg

unclesrouce, volgo and apokalypsetest like this.
  8. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

It looks great!

Eightballz likes this.
  9. apokalypsetest

Where in Germany are you from? I am finally finding the time again to play and I am looking for likeminded players.

Phayton likes this.
  10. Eightballz

I am from NRW. (Alles weitere per PN ;-))

Phayton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation