1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ariadna Models

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Chaotic Neutral, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Chaotic Neutral

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I'd have preferred the Blackjack to actually hold the gun, but I can fix that if it bugs me too much.

A Linkable Light Rocket launcher though...

3. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

Sure, perhaps I was hoping for something else Than another blackjack, but it looks Nice enough.

Sure, another linkable launcher is nice. But I think that’s not the real selling point.
    D-charges! Look at them! Now we’ll have two options!

4. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

The Blackjack, like the other one, is relatively poor. Much has been said no need to repeat. The Spec Ops I'm looking forward to, though :)

5. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I think this Blackjack is worlds above the first. I didn't think we'd be seeing it so soon. I love it. ❤ I do dig the pose, but like cazboab I'd have prefered to see it holding it proper.

Still overall it looks great and has great potential for even more conversions.

I'm excited to find out what the spec ops stats and skills will be.

Mikes, Golem2God and TheDiceAbide like this.
  6. saint

saint Charming, but irrational

I like the resting pose on the Blackjack, I think we can do with more to counterpose all of the busy mid-action models that everyone has. I like the look of Rosie but i'll need to see stats before i buy her. also this song is in my head now:

7. Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Active Member

Nice Models. Will defentively get those... but why the tactical crates for the SpecOp again? Is there some kind of CB design ruling no model can escape?

8. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

I just don't like the barrel in the dirt on the BJ. Overall I still like the model design so.

Spot on with the crates. I love the LAW Rosie is holding though. I hope she has a helmetless head though.

Abydog likes this.
  9. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

The Bipod is in the dirt. Not the barrel.

Keyrott likes this.
  10. Yvain

Yvain Well-Known Member

Even ignoring the fact that the bipod is pretty short and the opening is still very close to the ground, you just don't do that. Leaning on a bipod is bad weapons handling.

prophet of doom likes this.
  11. W.T.Foxtrot

W.T.Foxtrot Member

Yea, i'm not a big fan of the helmet, otherwise I like the model and loadout. Having D-charges on a model other than the Dozer is fantastic and easier to deliver. I'm still a fan of the Blackjack even though I too would have preferred it was actually firing the weapon, but I didn't even expect the second sculpt to come out so soon.

12. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

As much as I want like 80% of tactical debris to go and stay go, they're the most sensible option because they fit any base. Ariadnan dirt/forest? Industrial/warehouse? Spaceship? Aleph node hi-tech floor? Not a problem, you can justify hauling generic military supplies almost anywhere. As opposed to blunders like the Hospitalier box with random surfer rocks growing from a tiled/concrete floor.

And is it just me, or does standing your weapon barrel-down on the ground seem like a major breach of gun discipline(?) and a recipe for damaging/fouling the barrel.

#12 Pierzasty, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  13. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Love both these new models and will be getting them. Do have to echo with the disbelief that a trooper would put his weapon into the dirt like that, bi-pod or no that thing is going to get crap in it.

14. dlfleetw

Because 175 years into the future, barrels might have shrouds on them that automatically deploy. Or its a prop photo on concrete, etc.

Geeze of all the things to get caught up on the trooper in a mecha suit over...

saint and colbrook like this.
  15. Cry of the Wind

Sure it looks cool and won't stop me from buying it. Just a small annoying detail that's all. I doesn't look shrouded in the pic though and Ariadna would be the least likely to bother with that tech anyway. Even if it is a photo op I doubt a soldier would just start being careless like that. All firearms training I have had points to this being a no go and I never had a drill sergeant to yell at me over it.

Don't get me wrong I get your point it is all just rule of cool in this game no matter how you look at it. I just wish it was rule of cooled in a way that doesn't immediately grab attention to the wrong part of it. The number of comments here and on FB that I have seen about the barrel in the dirt means it must bother a lot of people so seems like a poor choice when all that was needed was to flip the gun around.

Also it kinda is the thing to get caught up on with a mecha trooper. Its the only thing on there that is relateable haha. I don't have a mech suit but have handled firearms so the one thing I have a frame of reference in is wrong or at least poor practice.

Barrogh likes this.
  16. dlfleetw

The number of people that misidentified the bipod legs touching the ground as the barrel is indicator as well...

And also how many people do questionable or inadvisable things with their weapons outside of training...

saint likes this.
  17. Cry of the Wind

True, however once I put some sand on my base I'm sure mine will be touching the ground or damn close.

Edit:

Regardless it is a minor thing. Though thanks to all the attention brought to it I will always notice it from now on :cry:

18. Cry of the Wind

Ok linked the picture properly this time. How do we feel about this getting a real model? I've been using Isobel for mine when needed (she doubles as my Warcor as well). Chance to paint something a little different but not sure I will actually buy this one.

[​IMG]

19. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I've been using the saluting gunless alguacile hacker from one of the starter boxes as a wardiver, since she's also a really good proxy for an alguacile hacker in frrm. Though now FRRM can have both,and some others from soldier of fortune, it might be worth having the wardiver too. Basically if it's a nice model, I'm in anyway...

20. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I'd be using Uhahu if I ever fielded a Wardriver so I definitely won't be getting this one. Might actually be a cool model though.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation