1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nemos OperationS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Nemo No Name, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I don't think anyone looking in on these forums will be surprised that I was "a bit" disappointed with Operation Subsection when it was released. Well, here's what my vision for the sectorial would be. Note that a lot of the point costs are approximate; feel free to correct me if you really think it's that important. :D

A lot of the changes I try to do is to emphasize the "elite LHosts leading robots" aspect of the sectorial, hence all Fireteams are combination of LHosts and REMs. Similarly, I tried to increase available G:Synchronised options. Another aspect I tried to show is mastery of Hacking, but not necessarily killing with it.

First of all, I'm trying minimise any new rules. Let's say we do get a Jumper LZ rule, but I would rewrite it significantly, specifically:
    First, I would split off the "save the Order in Netrod after dead" part into G:Jumper L0 (this would also effectively change L1):
    G:Jumper L0 : Contain the rules for G:Jumper interacting with Netrods - Order transfers into Netrods after Posthuman is eliminated.
    * This is a minor change which then allows us to simply assign Apsara G:Jumper L0 rule to get this effect. G:Jumper L1 now contains only rules for having multiple Proxies.

G:Jumper L1 : (change) Proxies may not be kept as Reserve model.
    * Lower the strength of Proxies a bit

G:Jumper LZ : Includes L0. The user may use ITAG Hacking Programs (Overlord, Total Control) against enemy troopers of type REM as if they were type TAG with following exceptions:
    * REMs with G:Synchronised skill in profile may not be targeted
    * if the attack is successful and enemy failed BTS save, enemy REM enters Possessed state
    * while Possessed, REM uses following attributes: MOV 10-5, BS 10, WIP 10, BTS 0
    * note that Command Token may NOT be used to cancel the Possessed state of a REM

Unit: AVAs: Changes:
    Aditya First Response 4 new unit
    Apsara Cyberdancer 2 total
    Arjuna 2 total
    Asura T minor changes, new loadouts
    Dakini Tacbot T loadouts
    Yidam Tacbot 2 new unit
    Daleth Rebot 2 -
    Danavas 2 loadouts
    Dasyu 3 loadouts
    Deva Functionaries T loadouts
    Dayan Functionaries 2 new unit
    Garuda Tacbot 4 loadouts
    Lamedh Rebot 2 -
    Marut 2 -
    Naga 3 -
    Netrod 2 -
    Proxy Mk.I *1 -
    Proxy Mk.II *1 -
    Proxy Mk.III *1 -
    Proxy Mk.IV *1 -
    Proxy Mk.V *1 -
    Probot 2 -
    Rudra Gunbot 2 loadouts
    Samekh Rebot 1 stays same as vanila
    Shukra Consultant 2 -
    Sophotect 4 -
    Warcors 1 -
    Yudbot 4 -
    Zaying Rebot 1 -

I've removed Dart as however much I like the profile, the lore doesn't really gel with SSS for me. Andromeda the same.

Also, you can add the mercs if you really want to, I'm not super excited about them so whatevs.

HI / Regular / Cube 2.0 / Elite Troops
    MOV 15-10
    CC 18
    BS 14
    PH 14
    WIP 14
    ARM 3
    BTS 6
    W1, S2, AVA vanilla 1, sectorial 4
    Skills & Equipment: V:NWI, Bioimmunity, Kinematika L2, Hyperdynamics L1, ODD, Stealth, Super-Jump

Loadout #0 : Drop Bears, Flash Pulse, Grenades, 2 Nanopulser; 2 Assault Pistol, EXP CCW : 54 / 0

Design note: Pure fun unit. Here to run forward, Assault Pistol things and drop the bears around it. EXP CCW to do Looting and Sabotage.

LI / Regular / Cube 2.0 / Specially Trained Troops
    MOV 15-10
    CC 14
    BS 11
    PH 12
    WIP 14
    ARM 1
    BTS 3
    W 1, S 2, AVA vanilla 1, sectorial 2
    Skills & Equipment: V:NWI, G:Jumper LZ, Infiltration, White Hacking Device + Upgrade(Cybermask, Blackout, Overlord)

Loadout #0 : Submachine Gun, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife : 32 / 1

Design note: White Hacking Device to make them vulnerable to other hackers, but with Blackout they can't be *completely* ignored. Special rule to allow possession of REMs to represent "Cyberdancing". REM stats are lowered to not make it too powerful.

MI / Regular / Cube 2.0 / Specially Trained Troops
    MOV 15-10
    CC 14
    BS 13
    PH 11
    WIP 14
    ARM 3
    BTS 3
    W 1, S 2, AVA vanilla 1, sectorial 2
    Skills & Equipment: V:NWI, Bioimmunity, Marksmanship L2, X-Visor

Loadout #0 : Flash Pulse, Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife : 30 / 1,5

Design note: Trying to go for a loooong range unit (archer). Not really feeling it.

Rule change: Multispectral Visor L3 may fire at Camo tokens without Discovering them first. Not a free Auto Discover like in previous editions, but an improvement to be worth the points it costs.
    As per existing the rules say, if Camo does not react and any of the shots hit, the marker is discovered since it has to make an ARM roll.

Loadout change: Combi Rifle Hacker exchanges Combi Rifle for Boarding Shotgun, gains Fireteam: Haris.

Change Fireteams to:
    Haris: Hacker + 1-2 Dakini Tacbots
    Haris: Hacker + Rudra + any other Asura

Design note: Allow Asura to form Haris around Hackers with Boarding Shotgun (ex. Combi Rifle). MULTI Rifle Hackers don't get to link; they lead.

Add one of the following loadouts:
    Loadout #0: Missile Launcher; Electric Pulse : 21 pts / 2 SWC
    Loadout #1: Marksmanship LX; Feuerbach; Electric Pulse : 23 pts / 1,5 SWC

Fireteams:
    Core: normal; 1-2 Deva + 0-4 Dakini Tacbot
    Haris: 1 Deva, 1-2 Dakini Tacbot, 0-1 Rudra Gunbot
    Haris: 1 Asura Hacking Device Plus, 1-2 Dakini Tacbot

Design note: I feel OperationS / vanila Aleph has far too limited access to Impact Templates, hence the Missile Launcher. High cost (especially in SWC) to account for the overall "lighter" nature of the sectorial. Alternatively Feuerbach with Marksmanship LX as a quasi-template heavy weapon.
    Fireteams change to emphasize LHosts leading robots. Added pure Core for players that want all-robot armies.

REM / Regular / Skirmisher
    MOV 15-10
    CC 8
    BS 11
    PH 10
    WIP 13
    ARM 0
    BTS 3
    W 1, S2, AVA vanilla 1, sectorial 2
    Skills & Equipment: G:Remote Presence, CH: Mimetism, Forward Deployment L1

Loadout #0: Forward Observer, Sat-Lock, Sensor; Stun Light Grenade Launcher, D-Charges; Breaker Pistol, Electric Pulse : 20 / 0,5
    Loadout #1: Cybermines, Minelayer; Smoke Light Grenade Launcher, D-Charges; Assault Pistol, Electric Pulse : 18 / 0
    Loadout #2: Antipersonnel Mines, CH: Limited Camouflage, Minelayer; Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges; Electric Pulse : 21 / 1

Design note: Dakini spinoffs with forward deployment and interesting/rarely seen skill combinations. Non-linkable. Smoke LGL Dakini gets Cybermines to bloat the profile with useless crap without giving it a proper gun. Alternatively, give it a Combi Rifle instead of Assault Pistol/Cybermines.

Remove existing loadouts. Add:
    Loadout #0: Tinbot A (Deflector L1) Assault Hacking Device (Upgrade: Cybermask, Brain Blast); Boarding Shotgun + Pitcher; Breaker Pistol, Knife : 23 / 0,5
    Loadout #1: Killer Hacking Device (Upgrade: Maestro); Combi Rifle + Pitcher; Breaker Pistol, Knife : 22 / 0

Design note: Danavas become truly offensive Hackers. AHD is now offensive against everything with Deflector to give it fighting terms and Cybermask for a bit of defence. KHD is now truly killer.

Add following loadouts:
    Loadout #0: Breaker Combi Rifle, 2 D-Charges, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife : 38 / 0
    Loadout #1: MSV L1, Antipersonel Mines; Flash Pulse, 2 D-Charges, Nanopulser; 2 Viral Pistol, Knife : 34 / 0

Design note: Added two profiles to Dasyu; D-Charges for the Looting and Sabotage (yes, I know its low CC, but what can you do. Hence the dual wielding :D ). Profiles take place of Dart functionality.

LI / Regular / Cube 2.0 / Veteran Troops
    Skills & Equipment: V:NWI

Loadout #0: Sensor; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 24 / 0
    Loadout #1: Lieutenant, Sensor, Strategos L2; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 27 / 0
    Loadout #2: Fireteam: Haris, Sensor; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 25 / 0,5
    Loadout #3: Forward Observer; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 24 / 0
    Loadout #4: MSV L2; Spitfire, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 33 / 1
    Loadout #5: Hacking Device Plus (Upgrade: Icebreaker); Nanopulser; 2 Viral Pistols, Knife; 25 / 0,5
    Loadout #6: Monofilament Mines; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 27
    Loadout #7: Lieutenant, Monofilament Mines, Strategos L2; Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 27

Fireteam:
    Core: 1-2 Deva + 0-4 Dakini
    Haris: 1 Deva + 1-2 Dakini
    Haris: 1-2 Deva + 1 Rudra Gunbot

Design note: Devas act as glue for most fireteams. Devabot profiles don't disappear, they get shifted over into the Dayan variant (explicitly called out in lore to be a variant of Deva Functionaries, even keep the same basic statline. Strategos L2 clashes a bit with Shukra, but not too much. Shukra still brings BMV L2 and Counter-Intelligence, plus gives some ability to play "which is the real Lt or is it just CoC?". Monofilament mines because they need a bit more exposure.

LI / Regular / Cube 2.0 / Veteran Troops
    MOV 10-10
    CC 14
    BS 12
    PH 11
    WIP 15
    ARM 2
    BTS 3
    W 1, S 2, AVA vanilla 2, sectorial 5
    Skills & Equipment: V:NWI

Loadout #0: Devabot vF, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 27 / 0
    Loadout #1: Lieutenant, Strategos L2; Devabot vF, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 30 / 0
    Loadout #2: 2 Devabot vF, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 31 / 0
    Loadout #3: Lieutenant, Strategos L2; 2 Devabot vF, Combi Rifle, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 34 / 0
    Loadout #4: Hacking Device Plus; Devabot vR, Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 35 / 0,5
    Loadout #5: Hacking Device Plus; 2 Devabot vR, Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 40 / 0,5
    Loadout #6: Devabot vE, Vulkan Shotgun, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 30 / 0
    Loadout #7: Lieutenant, Strategos L2; Devabot vE, Vulkan Shotgun, Nanopulser; Pistol, Knife; 32 / 0

Devabot
    REM
    MOV 15-10
    CC 8
    BS 10
    PH 10
    WIP 11
    ARM 0
    BTS 3
    W 1, S 2, AVA -
    Skills & Equipment: G:Synchronised

Devabot vF : Heavy Flamethrower; Electric Pulse; 4 / 0
    Devabot vR : Repeater; Light Flamethrower; Electric Pulse; 5 / 0
    Devabot vE : Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher, Light Shotgun; Electric Pulse; 6 / 0

Dayans are Deva Functionaries provided with dedicated Devabots as bodyguards and remote operated assault bots.

Design note: A separate unit entry for G:Synchronised Deva Functionaries with additional options; 2 bots per Functionary, or a Hacking Device Plus version with Repeater Devabots, but then only Light Flamethrowers. Eclipse LGL because yeah.

Replace existing loadouts with following:
    Loadout #0: MULTI Rifle, Mine Dispenser; Electric Pulse; 39 / 0
    Loadout #1: Spitfire, Antipersonel Mines; Electric Pulse : 40 / 2
    Loadout #2: Viral Combi Rifle, Mine Dispenser; Electric Pulse : 41 / 0
    Loadout #3: 360 Visor; Breaker Combi Rifle; Electric Pulse : 46 / 0
    Loadout #4: 2 Feuerbach; Electric Pulse : 48 / 2

Design note: Spitfire because Red Fury here makes no sense. Viral Combi Rifle because why not. 2 Feuerbach version because the model with 2 Feuerbach mounted on the "abdomen" would look freakin' cool.

Fireteams:
    Haris: 1-2 Deva + 1 Rudra Gunbot

Do not add Missile Launcher version. Unit is non-linkable.

Design note: Just to maintain parity with new additions to army. I think this makes it roughly equal to adding it as a Core addon.

Add the following loadout:
    Loadout #1: 2 Yudbots, Hyperdynamics L1; D-Charges, Nanopulser; Heavy Pistol, Knife; 34 / 0

Design note: Less guny, more Dodgy Sophotect. Simple as that. Costs less, but Yudbots inflate it back up (still, you do get Yudbots and they do use the AVA).

I know this is just wishlisting, but there you go. I also had ideas for more units, but I think this serves as a nice basis.

#1 Nemo No Name, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation