1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCO Rules

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by eciu, Sep 20, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Soooo can someone remind me why the heck we still have to wait for CB to disclosure the exact rules of NCO ?

(or did I miss a memo of them being released?)

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

perhaps other units are getting it too, and the exact wording on the rule along with some "new" profiles are coming at the same time?

3. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Im guessing they didnt finish testing the balance of it and Asura LT2 with nco hmg might be to powerful of a haris and they aren't sure to release it to allow it not to break link teams.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

The question should really be - Why officially release a model profile with a rule that hasn't been approved? It is easy to add it later once it has been vetted.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The memo you missed is in the wiki update thread. They haven't decided it's a rule they want in game yet.

However, Bostria answered South African fans that IA would have among others NCO to offset the predicted lower ordercount so... who know.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So wait, we have an Army, profiles PDF, and they still hadn't decided if NCO is even a thing ?

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  7. Mahtamori

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/wiki-updates.1089/page-3#post-150574

NCO is waiting on confirmation from CB on whether it's being added to the game now or at a later date. Until it's been confirmed, ignore it in the Yadu's option.

Ghost: Jumper Level Z added to the wiki: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Ghost_(G)#Ghost:_Jumper_LZ
    Lieutenant L2 added to the wiki: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Lieutenant

K1 and T2 Marksman Rifles added to the wiki: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Marksman_Rifle

Army doesn't show Fireteam notes properly at this time. You need to go by the list on the wiki, or in the profiles PDF (once the Danavas and Sophotect notes have been fixed0.

xagroth and eciu like this.
  8. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

@Mahtamori thanks

<facepalm at whole issue>

It really is yet another stone to the garden of thesis that OSS was just to justify TAK realease.

xagroth likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

I dunno about that, OSS has a lot of interesting things without NCO, and to be fair they might be re-evaluating whether the NCO should be able to spend the LT order as a Regular or LT order as well. We'll see. To me, TAK is the lazy sectorial with "Camouflage everything" as the only unifying theme (as well as a few odd units that makes Andromeda look cohesive with her army) and we've seen that before and learned to hate it already.

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well TAK for sure seems like hell of a frustrating to play against ;) (and also makes MO look like some poor cosplayers when it comes to CC ;P)

In regard OSS/TAK I was more speaking about:
    - NCO rules (or their lack)
    - Yadu working somewhat different than it was initally advertised (they have some link option, but for sure they are not "link glue")
    - Danavas not being able to link (in contrary to what was initially said)
    - Sophotects not being able to link (in contrary to what was initially said)
    - Shakti having useless upgrade: Sucker Punch, yet again showing CB knows little about their game or that indeed Danavas were supposed to somehow link with Shakti (or mayby that Deva AHD was supposed to only have Sucker Punch instead of Lighting)

xagroth likes this.
  11. Mahtamori

Well, I was never invested in the info on OSS and as such I'm only judging them on the merits of what they are. The initial information is a bit unfortunate and we've been told that Sucker Punch is not an accident - this might mean a number of things including that OSS still has releases to come or that Sucker Punch itself is changing.

xagroth likes this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

It would made some sense if Shakti was actually up to link with some HD+ (Danavas) but atm. it doesn't make any sense.

But you are right we will wait and see if it was really a total (quite hilarious) mistake, or there is more to it (which I personally doubt).

13. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

TAK also seems to be the best option for limited insertion now as well, if not in the whole game then definitely for the faction, what with having Ariadna's closest thing to true HI in a fireteam with an engineer that has mimitism and a friggin' rocket launcher. Add in Colonel Yevgeni 'shoot me I'm the LT' Voronin , a CoC tankhunter, dodge or die G-synch shenanigans, and the option of running a 31 order list outside of limited insertion and TAK doesn't so much have a theme as it has a huge tower of hats...

xagroth and Mahtamori like this.
  14. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

It has at least been referred to gutier (along with the samekh points costing)

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Can you please elaborate ?

16. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

IJW has referred two questions to Gutier (the rules guy at CB).

Question 1. Why does Shakti have Sucker Punch
    Question 2. Why does the FTO option on the Samekh cost considerably more than its counter-part. (Clipper version is -1 point for FTO, Samekh is +4 points, but includes Flash pulse - which does not cost 5 pts)

xagroth and eciu like this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ok, nice and good that someone "official&reliable" was asking those questions (as I was also scratching my head about Samekh).

18. paraelix

Flash pulse is also missing in Army :/

19. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Shakti can link with Asura HD+

20. paraelix

Who has Upgrade: Redrum. Making Sucker Punch irrelevant.

Maybe the extra points on the Samekh could be for a Repeater? Feels like OS is really lacking in the Repeater department atm. 2 Lamedhs, Pitcher on Danavas, Rudras, Baggage Bots... No deployable repeaters anywhere :(

xagroth likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation