1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCA and Highly Classified on ITS 10

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Chade, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Chade

Chade Member

So. I finished ITS 10 document and started wandering about Highly Classified. This of course also applies to other missions where you have to do multiple Classified Objectives as well. However you can always try to dodge one with Secure HVT so it's not as bad as in Highly Classified.

Now most of the stuff is basic meaning that you need both your Trauma Doc and Machinist with at least one Hacker and Pathfinder, but of those all but Machinist you were most likely taking already. NCA army also has almost always at least one HI or MI, so that covers also that. However there are some objectives that I'd like to hear your opinions about.

Capture, HVT Kidnapping and Net-Undermine: All of these require either Elite or Veteran trooper (as there is no CoC in NCA). Of those we have Bipandra, ORCs, Bolts and Devas. Neither of those something that we see in every list already. So what do you think will turn up the best solution? One Bolt that can also drop some Drop Bears? A single Deva with Devabot instead of like Auxilia FO and one CSU? Bipandra in that Fusilier link instead of one cheerleader? Cheapest option is Boarding Shotgun Bolt. Personally I feel that NCA gets a little bit shafted here when HQ troops don't count. Also everything was well when I though Aida Swanson is Character (when she has name), but sadly that's not the case. With 3/20 objectives in this category it's also quite dangerous to leave so that it can't be accomplished.

Predator: Oh boy. This would be hard to any CC oriented army. Even with something like Oniwaban it's nowhere automatic success. Getting to CC is hard, killing things there at least as hard. Aida Swanson is probably the best bet here with Locust as a runner up, but is it even feasible to try to build for Predator to succeed or simply just focus on not giving it to your enemy and winning on other objectives?

All feedback is appreciated!

2. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Predators easy. Just knife an unc model

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. Chade

Chade Member

Oh, true. It's only that extreme version that requires the target to be alive. Well that solves that.

4. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

Nothing hard, you just need to unconscious enemy, get to it, succeed in CC(even normal), and opponent should fail his arm save, which should be pretty easy, PH-1, and -ARM, easier then take save from combi rifle.
    I would try to ignore that classified if possible.
    I started using Deva and I am really happy with results. She is mobile and has many uses: additional gunfighter with MSV, autodiscover sensor, WIP15 Lt or Hacker.

5. daboarder

Warcor

Yup not hard at all.
    Firstly CC on troops is typically 13 or 14, higher than their WIP and even their BS so its far more likely than pushing any button in the game so really a trivial issue.

Furthermore if you are worried about the Ph-1, consider using hte pistol over the knife, its a DAM11 weapon and if the opponent is already unconscious its highly unlikely that you really need that shock now isnt it ;)

Finally, this is actually better than Coup De Grace in my opinion, because you dont wind up in the situation where your opponents troops are all Dogged or NWI and therefore do not have an Unc state you can perform Coup De Grace on. It may on occasion take an extra order due to a poor roll but for the most part this offers far more flexibility in how you score it than Coup does, making it easier, if you know what you are doing of course
    No
    The Extreme mode doesnt require them to be able to fight back either

Objective: At the end of the game the player must have killed at least three enemy troopers in Close Combat. Performing a Coup de Grâce doesn’t count towards this objective.

an Unc model is specifically not "killed", not until the end of the game where the rules state they become killed at that point. as such even this one can be performed vs Unc models.

Just like FOing or Spotlighting enemy troops

6. Chade

Chade Member

Dude. I really shouldn't write these posts in the middle of the night. It was Nanoespionage that required the target to be alive in extreme mode. And that didn't require CC either. Never mind then. And that whole "stabbing unconscious guys" is at least something Swiss Guard can use its huge-ass sword!

But the question about Elite/Veteran still stands. I'm looking at Devas as well, but I'm unsure what profiles to take and how to implement him. At least the Spitfire one is getting new, much better model.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. daboarder

Warcor

Ive actually been quite liking Devas as support in my NCA armies, The Sensor Lt is a good solo Lt with High wip that can make effective use of its Lt order. The Deva Bot is an upgunned auxilia (the NWI and BS12 are so underrated) shame about the model though and hacker is a legit hacker. the spitfire as you said is also fairly obvious in its role.

Honestly if I have a Job that needs done but dont want to invest in the redundancy for it (ie dont want to take two models for the job) then I think Devas area serious consideration in our lists.

8. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I use the Aleph spec ops character with a Devabot from Shaekonnit. Works perfectly.

daboarder likes this.
  9. daboarder

Warcor

Its more the devabot i cant stand. I actually like the deva

10. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

So just use an Auxbot! Don't they even have the exact same profile?

daboarder likes this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Auxbot is S1, Devabot is S2.

daboarder likes this.
  12. Chade

Chade Member

Well this discussion about Devas just got quite much more interesting as ALEPH now has also AHD Deva and FO Deva. Can we except to get them at some point as well? If yes then I see that relatively cheap (24p) FO Deva for 0 SWC as quite an enticing option. WIP 15 button pushers are few and far between in PanO world.

13. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Hard to know if those profiles will be ALEPH only, Vedic only etc. or not. We'll just have to wait and see. But if NCA does get access to them, that would be the most recent in a nice line of additions for NCA. Interesting.

daboarder likes this.
  14. Chade

Chade Member

Indeed it would. However I'm not holding my breath as we still don't have those profiles and it has been several days already. Sad, we could have really used that AHD and FO profiles, but if no is no then we just have to make do without.

15. daboarder

Warcor

16. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

So some Profiles are Aleph exclusive while some are also OSS exclusive?

And here I thought the fucking PDF would be worth looking at for once, but it's a bust and just another screw up. Bummer.

17. daboarder

Warcor

Shrug its more a "no plans to add the profiles to nca at this time"
    Its a shame and most likely a symptom of them being unwilling to add things to "done" sectorials.

But its an answer so all we can do is accept it and move on

18. Chade

Chade Member

I take it that this has been confirmed by CB staff somewhere?

daboarder likes this.
  19. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

We got the new merc shas

20. daboarder

Warcor

yes we did, we arent getting new Deva profiles though.

Look You can all sit here and think what if, and thats fine if you want too, but Im not going too, im going to accept it and just move on. The Deva profiles we do have are still pretty good.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation