1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Narrative" Scenario ideas

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Kiwi Steve, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

There was a mission in one of the online narrative campaigns where the objective room was surrounded by TR combi turrets, which I always thought was a fun rule for a narrative mission.

I'm looking for other fun role ideas to incorporate into games and wondering if anybody has found anything which works well to create fun additional challenges for narrative games.

Abydog likes this.
  2. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Guards made a regular appearance back before ITS took over the meta (assumably your meta too since you are Kiwi steve). Have also had success using Pretas/Aliens/Zombie infestation type situations, or a downed TAG in the center of the board that will defend and that can be taken over.

Another good one was computer terminals that access a security net to open doors, unlock objectives etc. They could even take over the turrets

Aerial Deployment mission, where your whole army comes down via Aerial Deployment at the start of the game. Need to be careful with that one lol.

Reinforcements. Best when only one player gets it, have a smaller army come onto the battlefield along the table edge, and using a free order to run on. Its good for a meatgrinder type mission where one player has defense, SWC, points advantages and the other is more sheer numbers.

Abydog likes this.
  4. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Trains or any other vehicle moving around, automatically (fixed or random routes and times) or controlled by players via consoles. Someone was experimenting with civilian markers, similar idea, different "skin".

Abydog likes this.
  5. Sicaris

Sicaris Active Member

I really like these narrative ideas. I'd like to get stone into my local community.

I ran a narrative tournament last year using standard ITS scenarios. 3 rounds with a pool of 5 missions. It revolved around a lost black box from a downed ship. Starting with unmasking to find an informant. The winners for each mission voted for an outcome without actually knowing what mission that would lead to. It worked surprisingly well between people who wanted to release the info to Maya and those who wanted to sell it to the highest bidder.

My hope is to run a follow up with added special rules now the community is receptive.

6. coleslaw

coleslaw Veteran

Sounds like a really cool idea!

7. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

i know others has pitched the idea but with defiance coming out "soon" you could have scenarios where a megalodon crashes the mission as an aro only 3rd party (where the inactive turn player has control of its decisions) or a scenario objective is to deal the most damage to it with a killing blow worth double objective points. its not hard to convert its stats to N4.

[​IMG]
    original image location: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/new-ca-tag-speculation-and-reveal.35827/

#7 dhellfox, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  8. NurseNursey

NurseNursey New Member

Don't suppose you've got copies/links to any of those?

9. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

That sounds quite interesting! Is there a chance to get more information about your approach?

Abydog likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation