1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nanopulsars...

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by DeepThought, Apr 25, 2019.

?

You tell me: Is the Nanopulser "Silent" or not?

1. Yes, without a doubt, and the rules show this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, I think. The silence is implied in the soft description.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, I think not. The description lacks the 'silent' keyword.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No. Definitely not, and the rules show this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeepThought

DeepThought Well-Known Member

Ok, I've sought to make sense of several weapons in Infinity, and for the most part, lore and game mechanics don't seem to contradict each other too much. However, one weapon has developed what I can only describe as a double-vision: The Nanopulsar.

The Nanopulsar in the wiki has this description:
    "Operating a Nanopulser is very straightforward. Nanobots have short-range propulsion and are shot in a wide arc, making aiming aids redundant. For this reason, Nanopulsers are usually integrated/implanted into the operator's torso or body armor, and can be fired instantly without extending the collapsible barrel at the cost of reduced range. An entirely invisible, silent weapon, it is military-use only, and its possession is prohibited across the Human Sphere."

All in all, a very cool concept. I know most people think of all-consuming nanites when they see this, although I myself see more subtle 'soft science' descriptions, of it ending one's opposition without so much as a whimper, or even a mark if one simply programmed such nanites to infiltrate the target's body via natural entry points (eyes, nostrils, pores, etc.) and took them out with a well-placed brain clot or severed/clamped bloodline. Then, not even their comrades would know what killed them.

However, this same wiki does not specify "Silent" in the weapon table. Just " Direct Template (Small Teardrop), Intuitive Attack, Non-Lootable", indicating it cannot be used discreetly like a CC knife or Dart's Bow, to list some examples.
    I myself would love the weapon to be silent, but would like someone's confirmation if it isn't.

Also, if it isn't, does that mean the description is wrong, and that the nanobots are either visible or audible (either of which would explain the rule shift, as someone could look for a point of origin with either) or is it a place where the rules balance the weapon for fair play and ignore the lore?

#1 DeepThought, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  2. DeepThought

DeepThought Well-Known Member

(grr. I posted on the wrong forum. Sorry everyone). I'll delete this post if I can figure out how.)
    The proper post has been moved to: Infinitythegame-English/Game/Rules.

CAnon likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation