1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nahab: When to Berserk?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Danger Rose, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I've been playing with Ramah Taskforce and I'm still getting used to the different playstyle from Qapu Khalqi; but one of the units that fascinate me the most, the Nahab, has Berserk (+3) and for the life of me I can't seem to grasp when it's convenient to use that skill. Leaving the Nahab open to get shot with a whopping ARM 1 and almost invariably end up in NWI seems too risky to try.

So my question for the hive mind is: In which situations do you guys think it's a good idea to Berserk with a Nahab?

Grotnib likes this.
  2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

We're not Aleph or EI for you to be asking a hive mind, you heathen! :wink:

:thinking_face: But since you need advice, why not ask a majlis? :thinking_face:

I agree - triggering Berserk gives you a serious chance of getting hit back. Either by CC or BS attack.
    However, on a Nahab, it means you can move up to 8" and land a guaranteed Dam14 Viral CCW hit on your target - with an about 50% chance of it being a Critical hit (MArts L2 is +3 CC, +1 Dam, Berserk +3 is +3 CC, Nahab are CC 23 and PH 13 on their own).
    At the same time, Nahab is NWI, Shock Immune and Critical immune (which can be especially handy when facing high-CC Martial artists).

Result? You can tank a hit. Even a Crit isn't going to impress you much. At the same time, you have a really good chance of making whatever you jump into a very spicy shish-kebab. Or even bamya stew, if the attacker was a BSG Nahab with D-charges!
    I can imagine situations where a Nahab sacrifices themselves to get rid of a particluary troublesome enemy model. Or to destroy an objective. Especially at the end of a game, in a scenario in which the surviving points are not crucial to victory.

Situational? Certainly. Like many things in Infinity...

#2 Errhile, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  3. Grotnib

Grotnib Well-Known Member

An excellent summary that pretty much covers it! I run Nahabs in most of my lists, and I'd estimate I end up using Berzerk in less than 10% of my games! When I do end up using the skill it's usually because the Nahab is about to die anyway (he/she is facing multiple simultanious AROs), I've only got a single Order to execute the attack with (can't afford to lose the face to face, +15% critical hit chance may help get an additional damage die in), or the target is of such high value that the potential sacrifice is worth it (killing the Designated Target in Unmasking)!

Just like @Errhile pointed out, the Nahab can safely tank a hit against a single enemy target that doesn't have a way of forcing multiple (non-critical hit) saves per hit, and even in these instances the opposing model still has to hit you (unless they're using Direct Templates) and you still have to fail the save in order to take a single wound - quite often what ends up happening is that the Nahab actually survives without taking any damage and the target they attack ends up plastered on the nearest wall! ;)

Danger Rose likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation