1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA2 sectorial proposal part 2- Varangian Guard

Discussion in 'General' started by Ogre_man, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ogre_man

Ogre_man Member

Part one- https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/na2-sectorial-proposal-aristeia-live.26665/

So it seems, that my first proposal/prediction/discussion was quite spot on, as Foreign Company.

Now, part two!

As it seems, NA2 releases have a quite clear pattern. They are either
    a) box release support (Druze for Outrage/new Druze, Ikari for JSA box, StarCo for Corregidor and Outrage)
    b) box releases themselves (Spiral, JSA)
    c) paired box reimagined

As for c), we have already got Foreign Company for Icestorm (PanO+Nomads, yet also supporting Tunguska and Aristeia) and Dashat for Red Veil (YuJing+Hakk). And I think, that writing is on the wall for a third paired box to get a similar treatment.

There are other signs as well pointing at release support o both Aleph and Ariadna.
    First, it is safe to assume, that Caledonia is next on the chopping block. "No releases" from Bostria, full model lineup, old composition overall.
    Second, the Phalanx seems to be following tha same pattern too, with only Eudoros holding the starter needed and 300 box OOP for a long time.
    As Caledonia and Phalanx are the last old sectorials without an update besides Bakunin (and he stays, as per Bostria) they will probably go.

What could be coming to turn Coldfront into a buddy movie?
    A mercenary company made to specifically resist alien tricks and Voodoo-tech. No Cubes, throwaway bots, Cossacks with Ipads.

Such combinations are already in the fluff- Wotan blocade, Third Offensive, to name recent ones. And Arjuna box, big and shiny one, with cheap jamming bots and cybermines is solely absent from the whole Aleph range.

What do you think about it? Who could fit into such a unit?

Cabaray likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Varegian guard, funded by a caledonian paradiso veteran, is mostly focused on guarding the Ariadnan frontiers, but also worked many times for or in coop with Bureau aegis, so, maybe they can have some Aleph equipment like remotes. Also, they used to recruit many paradiso veterans, so anything could be in.

ZlaKhon likes this.
  3. Teleute

Teleute RM100 Pilot

I'm really hoping the Varangian Guard happens. Ever since I read references to Caledonia's Danish population I've wanted an army to green stuff some helmets on to and run as space viking mercenaries.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There's not as much stuff in the Red Veil box that you can use as-is in Dahshat, actually.

But I am all for another NA2 Mercenary army!

5. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Likewise for Icestorm and FC, there's only the Akil and ORC, nothing on the Nomad side unless you're willing to proxy.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation