N5 Wish List

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by karush, Aug 3, 2024.

1. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Morning Nomads,

In case anyone missed it N5 is coming this October. yes, October 2024. New rules, new profiles even a new unit type "Vehicles". JSA is even becoming a proper main faction, congrats to them!

So let's get a bit of hype going and maybe a wish list for things we'd like to see!

For my part there are a a few things I'd love to see return

Kriza gets BS Attack-3 back.
    Maybe reduce a few redundant profiles (moderators+alguacils+securitate), mostly this since they are apparently including cards with the unit stats in your model boxes so this will help cut down how many different cards they need to print.

And of course TAGs:
    Salamandra gets reduced to 1.5 SWC (or whatever is standard for that gun in the new edition)
    Iguana gets to armor 7 or equivalent like it's sister TAG the Anaconda (and the OOP Gorgos). Also make the operator a SO. Also would love an AP spitfire option. Really could just a revisit overall.
    Lizard... honestly not sure, would love to see it get a guided weapon of some sort since it has updated fluff implying you are at greatest risk when you can't see it; likely the grenade launcher. U-Turn is supposedly coming back so it likely won't be too OP to have guided on a TAG (Yu-Jing already have a BS14 guided HRL, not so different)
    and of course courage on nomads TAGs all around, except the stigmata which has religious.

Go ahead and place your thoughts here, CB listens if you raise your voice just ask Pan-O and O12 players!

#1 karush, Aug 3, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    Space Ranger likes this.
  2. Quiet Professional

Quiet Professional HI enthusiast

Infinity Gamer reported that there will be no card system. Corvus Belli said it will still be the same game mechanic, thank goodness.

I am not sure about more profiles and miniatures. If Corvus Belli could release more miniatures for current profiles would be great. For example, we only have 2 EVA miniatures, a multi rifle and a shotgun miniature would be good, or at least, have the ability to add different weapons to a single miniature. Spare arm and weapon pieces for those modified models to allow more creativity.
    Bring back the option to buy individual miniatures. I do not want to spend money on a box set for only 2 or 3 miniatures.

Yes, some profiles could be optimised. Perhaps remove ones that rarely get played.

Courage on most Nomad profiles would fit the lore better considering they are portrayed as tough, hard-as-nails, soldiers hired as mercs. Given the idea that living in space constantly--the most dangerous environment--and still function relatively normal sounds good for the courage skill.

Vehicles, I don't know. It sort of removes the special operations / black ops feel of the game. TAG's and motorbikes are considered the vehicles of choice for such a style of warfare. The whole point of Infinity was small teams able to rapidly deploy to hostile environments to achieve some sort of strategic level of influence, not just mass troops fed into the meat grinder.

Remove the 1 SWC for the Alguacile Lt. I understand it was to impose a tax for the fact that Nomads have a loose command structure. But really, lore wise, the Nomads have a very flexible command structure. Not so rigid, with troops making decisions on the fly. Perhaps see more NCO skills in the Faction & Sectorials.

Overall, I am happy were the Nomads are at the moment. The rules polishing I think is more important than profile changes.

Space Ranger, chromedog and karush like this.
  3. AlphaStrike

AlphaStrike Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes.

Kriza is a must.

Personally I'd like to see perseus in Bakunin.

Reverands points decrease.

Kusagani points decrease.

A cheap reverand unit.

Daemonist to have the shesskin treatment— His current profile becomes LI, and he gains an HI profile that has holoprojector instead.

Lizard idea is nice actually, I've always leaned more towards permitting it in fireteams, similar to the taskmaster.

Extreme zellenkrieger changes? Dogged or something with slight increase in cost.

WarHound and karush like this.
  4. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Ah good to know the cards aren't going to be a standard thing, maybe just for the starter boxes which would make sense. Thanks for pointing that out!

Agreed with a lot of what you said. I do think most factions have some models that could use a face lift, especially in the wake of touchlight.

I am *very* curious about vehicles and how they will function. my hope is we get nothing heavier than the Warthog from Halo. My best guess is they might be adding troop transports, maybe to function along side the revamped reinforcements mechanic? This is pure conjecture however.

5. AntipodeanBolt

AntipodeanBolt Bureau of Colonial Affairs Spokesperson

Vehicles also include drop ships not just ground vehicles

Quiet Professional likes this.
  6. karush

karush Well-Known Member

Definitely like the energy, but I am not certain on some of it.

Bakunnin already got the morlocks, zellenkreiger, ex zellenkreiger, and the cenobites. Not certain Perseus is really needed to fill out their list.

Cenobites also really help with the moira fireteam points problem,

Also, even a TAG lover has to acknowledge an armor 8 TAG likely doesn't need a fireteam haris, and it's duo options are already phenomenal (looking at you Marspiders, Orphans, Vostok, and Tsyklon). I am more focused on making it distinct from the other two armor 8 TAGs we have, help it find it's own niche.

I can definitely listen to changes to the Deamonist, it is an attempt at giving nomads a dedicated LT model but feels like it missed the mark.

7. AlphaStrike

AlphaStrike Well-Known Member

To be fair you're probably not wrong on most of that. I just feel, as always, that most of the things CB release ends up overshadowed by things that shouldn't necessarily override them. And people only look at the successes a faction have rather than seeing the list of misses. So I'm always battling playing how I want to vs playing competitively.

Perseus isn't exactly doing anything the faction doesnt already do, which is why I'd like to see him, as I love his model and his profile, it works with what Bakunin do and why I'd like to see him and Cassandra duking it out side by side. If those two were even in a harris together I think I would play them in most lists just because of the cool factor.

Yeah, cenobites do, which again is part of the issue, you take maybe one normal reverand in a fireteam, perhaps they should focus more on point readjustment/reduction than just slapping in a cheaper filler model. Give some enticement to include more reverands.

This is true, however as with the theme, it's a very bare TaG and most lists end up fitting the Salamandra in vanilla and the stigmata in Bakunin. Finding it's own niche is what I want. Slap it in an isolated fireteam with two morlocks and remove the HMG profiles. On paper it's less than equal to the Salamandra and less utility than the stigmata, but it now does it's own thing by dragging warbands up the table. Hell make it impetuous too for all I care. Less cover, more fun.

The Daemonist changes are top on my list, I always want to squeeze him in but never do, the shasvastii mentor is how that kinda of LT is supposed to work. Ours just falls short with how loose normad LT structure can be.

As an addition:

Sin eater are a superb and Interesting mechanic that fails in most competitive hurdles. So I'd definitely like to see some buffs there. Again, dogged would be quite nice.

Taskmaster has fallen Into obscurity with the release of newer, more efficient HI's, perhaps forward deployment +8" would be a nice addition. Or even strategic deployment +4".

#7 AlphaStrike, Aug 5, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    karush likes this.
  8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

An easier to read weapons chart.

Rifle
    Rifle, AP
    Spitfire
    Spitfire, AP

I don't want to look under AP for a Spitfire.

WarHound, archon, kesharq and 3 others like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

We can also have rifle and extra been on the troop as parentheses "Rifle (AP)".

10. Quiet Professional

Yes. That would make sense for the reinforcements rules. Reinforcement troops arrive by drop ship or drop pod. Maybe with profile variants that offer advantages, such as, drop ship has parachutist and can only land on the table edges, and drop pod has combat jump, so can land in the mid field.

11. Quiet Professional

Infinity Gamer released another video showing the Troop cards. Hopefully it is for starter boxes. I think it is unnecessary for the game. However, the comments on his video are all supportive of the card system. Which I find weird, don't we have access to the Army App and such information comes with printed lists. I am unsure what benefit the cards offer.

LaughinGod and AlphaStrike like this.
  12. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

Funnily enough Infinity Gamer got those pictures from this forum, I know because I am the one that sent them to him.
    The advantage of the cards is that they have the pictures of the miniatures on them which makes it much easier for new players and teaching the game.

WarHound likes this.
  13. Quiet Professional

Cool.

But wouldn't having a list of all the profiles in the back of, or on a separate sheet, be just as beneficial in the starter sets.
    When I purchased the Crimson Stone set, it was difficult scrolling back and forwards when playing the missions and trying to find trooper and weapon stat's. I understand the cards are for this. I just thought it would save on paper and printing costs in having all the trooper info. in one location in the booklet. Maybe, even have it printed in the format we already use for tournament games when we print off our lists.

14. iKon

iKon Not Very Well-Known Member

presuming the new starter box follows the pattern of the other operation boxes the missions will kinda be in escalation style.

The cards mean that for mission one you just give the new player the card with the 3 Keisotsu or the 3 Fusaliers on it, that way they only have the stats for the units on the table in front of them.
    Next mission, this card has the stats for the Orc/Domaru.... next mission, here is a new card which is this guy and so on and so forth.

15. karush

karush Well-Known Member

One other change.

Switch the names of impersonation 1 and impersonation 2. I don't need a rules change, just make impersonation 2 the stronger rule like *every other instance of numbered rules*.

How this wasn't changed going from N3 to N4 is beyond me, but now is the perfect time to fix this.

16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

From what I understood the data cards are intended only for a select set of boxes focused for beginners? not entirely sure as it was not presented as a definite thing.

17. split-infinity

They confirmed at GENCON that the cards would only be in the Getting Started Box sets. But we should feel free to make our own.

Carlos said they would be nerfing Guided and cleaning up a few of the more obscure rules, he said this in the seminar in response to a question in the Q&A.

On the Con floor, they were doing demos with these new changes.

Wounds are now Vitality (take a wound, you lose 1 vitality).

Armor saves are rolls under the target number instead of over.

CC over 20 is no longer subtracted (CC23 crit on 17+) but now rolls back around to 1. Example CC 23 will crit on a 20, 1, 2, and 3.

#17 split-infinity, Aug 8, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2024
    Quiet Professional and Vakarian like this.
  18. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Iggy need a complete overhaul. The escape modul can be get rid off - nobody plays this stuff and eats up only rulespace. Make it a real TAG (keep repeater), bring it back as S6 or put it to sleep.

We have it already: Reverand Cenobite

Cards are confirmed for starters called Infinity Essentials. Read this https://infinitytheuniverse.com/blog/infinity-summer-2024

It also looks like N5 comes step by step again. First Vanilla (maybe they will manage to do sector specific profiles parallel) and later fireteams.
    Starting with 2 JSA sectorial and 1 Pan O will at least lead to that.

Why not make all at once (without teasing) and then present us the whole package?

#18 archon, Aug 8, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2024
  19. split-infinity

Oh yeah, another thing Carlos said NA2 armies are not getting updated for N5.

At least that is what I heard, can someone else who was also there please confirm.

20. Jim the third

Jim the third Well-Known Member

What I would LOVE to see is the ability to Bluetooth eachother courtesy lists while in play mode on the app. With two tabs you can swap between to look at your full list and the enemy courtesy

AlphaStrike and iKon like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation