1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N3 or wait for N4?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Emloch, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emloch

Emloch New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to the game. I just bought the Red Veil starter set and started painting. I was considering buying the N3 rulebook, but I heard rumors of N4 releasing later this year. Should I grab the current book or just hold off and wait for N4?

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

The only reason to buy the rulebook is for the fluff material. The rules are all online on their wiki for free. So, if you are interested in the fluff material, go for it!

EDIT: They also have a free app for building your army lists (Infinity Army) or a web based version, and there's also a great companion app called Comlog for when you get into playing ITS games (the official tournament selection of missions).

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, I guess we should also confirm that N4 (the new edition) is coming later this year.

inane.imp and chromedog like this.
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse Spice Dealer

Hey !

You can get the PDF version of N3 rule books (yes there's two volumes) on Corvus Belli's website for free ! This way you can get confortable with Infinity's general mechanics without spending a dime on a version obsolete in 6 months.

Welcome btw !

EDIT: also, yes, after first reading, the tools you'll use the most will be Army builder and the wiki as Sabin said. Keep the rulebook for reference, as the wiki is not always perfectly up to date.

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

If you want the fluff, absolutely get the book. It's pretty much the only way to get it.
    If you only want to learn the rules, download them. Use the army builder and other apps. Then do the same when n4 drops.

5. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

And if you are looking at picking up the N3 books for the background material, you should also probably just wait until N4 comes out and you can get N3 on discount.
    The background for N4 is going to have a time jump, (I am guessing 3-5 years), from the background in N3 so it may be cool too look back on the changes.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  6. Emloch

Emloch New Member

Thanks to everyone for your input. Much appreciated. I think some fluff would be in order, to get antiquated with the factions, troops types, etc,though I'll probably wait for N4.

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I haven't looked through them myself, but I hear the RPG books are a great source of fluff material as well.

Xeurian and inane.imp like this.
  8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

This. Lots of depth that focusses on different things to the usual Infinity fluff: for instance Infinity doesn't need to answer the question of how Social Energy actually works, the RPG does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation