1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Infinity 3D FanART/Concepts

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by Vult ji, May 28, 2022.

1. Vult ji

Vult ji Well-Known Member

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Cool :) But can't see the front of it :P

What is it meant to be?

chromedog and Vult ji like this.
  3. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

TBH, that would make a great Nomad Lizard with a the correct loadout...

Errhile and Vult ji like this.
  4. Vult ji

i know. XD just made something at the time. i do have him in 2 poses with a multy hmg also

Errhile likes this.
  5. Vult ji

Basically something along the lines of Lu Duan and Pengulin XD. Just made something out of my head. The flier is a drop ship also

Errhile likes this.
  6. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Oh hell yes! Now I just want one fitted up as a Triphammer with an oversized Druze helmet!

Vult ji likes this.
  7. Errhile

A hundredt times, yes!

Personally, I'd rather see a perfect Triphammer as a more industrial-styled design. But this is a matter od taste.

Vult ji likes this.
  8. Vult ji

Tried my hand with some bikes XD Bikes_Promo.png Craby_Present.PNG

LeGweg, Willen, Wizzy and 9 others like this.
  9. Errhile

Both bikes are great, although that more conventional one seems a bit difficult to sit on.
    But you definitely have a venue to follow here with bikes (a quad bike / ATV wouldn't be out of place either!).

The crabby remote - assuming it is meant to be used as Infinity REM - is likely to be too bulky for its intended Silhouette.
    Sure, you can always print it smaller (say, scale it for a 40mm base and put it on a 55mm), but as-is, it kinda bursts out of its assigned space.

Vult ji likes this.
  10. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

It went to the Samaritan School of Silhouetting. It will fit perfectly among CB minis. :P

Vult ji and Errhile like this.
  11. Vult ji

True, it is a little bulky and takes away from the base. maybe a 5 % decrease in size is in order, just wanted to make sure it has nice details and i use the available space to the max. Also the legs are totaly separated from the body so the will sink in a bit more and can be positioned as you want

12. Vult ji

hehe indeed some models are way out of silhouettes or sticking over the bases ( like the new Quiang Gao), but still yeah, maybe a tiny bit to big

13. Vult ji

14. Errhile

I see you're starting doing TAGs :)

Now, as far as I can see:

#1 is obviously reminescent of the Nomad Reptile series. Keep in mind the "slave arms" are going to determine the size of it - can't really scale it much up or down without starting to look ridiculous. Also, I can't say how widely set they are - a problem with the Gator which is on my workbench right now - is if the author gets it wrong, they are ending set far too wide, resultinf in no human being being able to reach them from the cockpit.
    Also, the pose is absolutely neutral - I assume you're going to work on the model yet - pose it, give it soem equipment / weapon (I'd suggest a big automatic with a belt or drum feed - and let the player decide whether it is a HMG, Spitfire or what-not).

#2 is, obviosuly, a Remote Presence TAG by Infinity standards (or scalable down to Remote Presence Heavy Infantry). The tabard suggests Military Orders (renforced by the swords being present). Not very universal / generic, but looking good.

The #3 is an another REM, honestly, not really interesting IMO. Perhaps stick to gun-armed variant only, and skip the missile box. Also, the missile box in the lowermost take - sticked to the right side of the drone - makes no sense, as it woyuld get in the way of the rear right leg's armor plate on the move.

15. Vult ji

Yep i do what i am commisioned XD. and yes far from finished still need weapons and poses and lots of adjusting.

1# Yeah as he is a little to big for the base. yeah that's is always the running problem, how to make the TAG look like you want and have the pilot be comfortable in it. Many models official and not suffer the same XD. I usually go fore the rule of cool and not to exaggerated goofiness.

2# They wanted a knight they get one XD

3# i know, many i do just from the head for the heck of it. I make them fast, so there is no problem

16. Errhile

Congratulations on your commission then! :D

I'd suggest solving it by moving the "pilot" closer to the forward plate on the torso. Since the torso is round, this will mean the master arms would stick out of it with less distance between thme (I hoope I'm expressing the idea without muddying the issue too much...).

As for the concept itself, old sculpt Szalamndra had no master arms at all :) When I was painting a ZandrisIV "Pendekar" battlesuit (which stood in for my Iguana in the days before the Iguana was released) which had no master arms either, I assumed the pilot was either seated, or curled up in an embrional position inside, and operatign the TAG by the means of a direct neural interface (or conventional steering levers and so on...).

Master/slave arm system is a cool concept (hailing, to my knowlege, mainly form Appleseed manga), but not necessarily practical for armoring purposes, and definitely not the sole possible technical solution :)

17. Vult ji

The only probles is see with this concept is that if we look at model sizes even an LI can not fit in TAG. Least in most of them or if the sculpt is a skiny :/ . maybe the new Bakunin nuns might fit :D.

also i updated one more older TAG

[​IMG]

18. Vult ji

[​IMG]

HMG and chain rifle :D

Koin-Koin, Modock and jherazob like this.
  19. Errhile

The HMG needs a second brace, even on a TAG - either a servo-arm like on the Gator, or a front grip bar. Plus, definitely an ammo cannister, or belt feed (optimal, though i guess difficult to do on a model). The exisitng brace doesn't look well, either. Sorry. Gator has a joystick-like handel with a trigger on it.

The chain rifle doesn't look chainrifle-ish. More like a kinda like ocnventnional rifle.

Vult ji likes this.
  20. Vult ji

Forgot to mention all are wip rn, something i put together rn XD .It will be an option for the HMG. I personally don't like much the servo arms even tough it is a technical solution for big guns in one arm, i would make it strapped to the forearm or make it as a normal gun. The chain rifle, well we shall see. i understood it just needs a big barell as it is like a big cone shrapnel rilfe / razor chain rifle in witch you load with big shells.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation