1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first ever Infinity figures - Ariadna

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by mipevo6, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

My first attempt at painting Infinity.

Lovely figures, better at photography than painting though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nathonicus

Nathonicus Well-Known Member

Solid

mipevo6 likes this.
  3. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

Thank you

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

Hi,

I like your camouflaged/olive models. The already look really good. But it wont hurt to give a little bit of extra love to the faces and hair. That would add so much to the minis.

Both the Veteran Kassaks are another topic, they look some kind of slimy. It seems that your colours were to thick, try to work in thinner layers. Also they look a little bit to flat.

For your first minis you can be proud of yourself, they are looking awesome. Keep practicing, than im sure you will get even better results. Im looking Forward to your next models.

Greetz Oni

5. Manfred_VR

Manfred_VR Well-Known Member

Personally I find your first Infinity minaitures really good, I like their colour and the painting seems clean.

6. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

TBH I struggle with faces / hair as i just don't have the eyesight / fine motor control to do them justice...

The VK's I used a base colour I hadn't used before which covers very well even when thinned. I did a solid wash then just highlighted the edges. I need to learn wet blending or similar to get more variation across the plates.

Thank you.

I try for clean so they look decent on the table...

I am used to big ugly Orks etc.. from 40k so painting figures this fine is a step up for me...

7. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

If you are not comfortable with it than everything is ok. The person that should like the models most is you. But try to leave you comfort zone a little bit, thats the way you make progress/get better. Almost everbody has a problem with something (mine are guns). Maybe next mini you try to add an layer more and just have a look how it works out.

Before you go to wetblend try to use glazes. Wetblending is very difficult (in my opinion). Glazes on the other hand are quite simple. Just keep in mind that glazes need to be absolutely dry before you add another layer (make them very thin with help of glaze medium), than you litterally cant make any mistakes.

Greetz Oni

Golem2God, mipevo6 and jherazob like this.
  8. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

Sage advice... TBH I get very nervous of ruining a model by spoiling one thing...

I know quite a few people paint faces off of the model in GW land...

This lets you get much better access and you can always strip it if you spoil it...

I will explore glazes :)

Oni and Golem2God like this.
  9. Oni

Oni Well-Known Member

If you have people around that are painting is of course very helpfull.

I am living very abroad so I dont have regular contact with players and especially painters. So my teacher was youtube/painting threads/comments here in the forum and very much trial and error. Additional to that my hands are shaky so a lot of models ended up in the cleaning liquid :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

The best thing that can happen is that you improve/find new ways to paint, the worst that you start again new. Just have a little bit more faith in your skills.

For glazes this video was a great help for me.

from Painting Buddha.

Try glazes, they make almost everything better :wink:.

Greetz Oni

xammy, mipevo6 and jherazob like this.
  10. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

My first ever Dawg...

Not as tidy as I would like... Painting when feeling rough is probably not a good idea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Modock

Modock Well-Known Member

These look pretty solid for first minis. The brush marks are quite visible, try to thin your paints as mush as possible.
    It's very hard to ruin your paint job with thinned down paints.
    My eyesight is not what is used to be...I can not paint Infinity minis without magnifying glasses.

If you can, get yourself a mag. glasses, I use these...cheap and do the job perfectly.

[​IMG]

#11 Modock, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    mipevo6, Oni, Ben Kenobi and 2 others like this.
  12. mipevo6

mipevo6 Active Member

Good advice about the paint.... I generally do but obviously not enough... I need to be more patient I think :)

I had one of these and I found that the clamp wore out really quickly and the lenses flopped about...

This looks like it might be an updated design though...

Thanks

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation