1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Murtair's Tactic - "Track"

Discussion in 'Smoke & Mirrors' started by Roadrunner7431, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I was just reading -V-'s blog posted today and I quote from it. "Track is an improved Super-Jump. In most circumstances, standing next to a Goal(?Target) with at least 1 :4:will not be difficult to achieve midway through the game. We must bear in mind that this Tactic is extremely versatile, as the target of this ability does not have to be an enemy – This ability can be played against allies as well! When using Murtair, be careful when healing allies because this ability can allow him to cross the HexaDome in a few leaps and bounds."

I was not aware that this Tactic allows Murtair to Place himself multiple times during the same Activation as long as conditions are fulfilled. Please correct me if I misunderstand.

2. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Is a single use and a single placement when you use this tactic. When he say "few leaps and bounds" he means Murtair can use his Super-Jump 2 times during his activation and this tactic on top of that so he can be very mobile and score when you did not expected.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Exactly, Zlavin. That's it!

:wink:

knlghth00d likes this.
  4. MerloyJenkils

MerloyJenkils Well-Known Member

Am i also right to assume that Murtair can’t really superjump over an enemy whithout being caught in melee right?

Also can’t quite grasp the usage of super-jump apart from using it with Hannibal. Most of the times spending those 2 points to move will walk the same distance or more then super jump. Only in the odd situation he is blocked by a frindly or wants to position in a specific tile in contact to an enemy.

Im i missing something?

5. Roadrunner7431

The range of SuperJump is :SL:1-3. Therefore Murtair will not get caught in melee and can even jump over Blocked Spaces or over Smoke. The new scenarios often find characters clustered in the three spaces adjacent to a ziggurat. Murtair may use SuperJump to leap over them

knlghth00d likes this.
  6. MerloyJenkils

But to jump you need to NOT be in contact which means you have to jump before you are in contact with an enemy, 1 space in between which means the 2nd space is the enemy’s one and the 3rd space is right in contact with the enemy on the other side for instance so you cant really jump over them and not remain in contact in the end.

Yes he can jump a blocked space but often he can just move around them with the same cost of 2 energy and he doesn’t really need to jump over smoke, he can just move theough it right?

7. Roadrunner7431

There is no restriction in Super-Jump concerning the placement of Murtair at the end of the action except the general restriction that a character cannot be place in a space already occupied by another character. I hope that when you @MerloyJenkils are playing Aristeia you are respecting the rules that require a disengagement roll when moving out of a space adjacent to an enemy character. Murtair's agility of just :3: means that it is not going to be so easy for him to just slide by enemy characters. 8-Ball with his :Q: of :,::,: is his opposite in that respect. I suggest that you play against an opponent who knows how to use Murtair to learn how useful Super-Jump may be.

8. MerloyJenkils

Sorry :) I think it's my fault I was not clear enough. I am sure I'm not thinking about this well or missing something but I'll upload some illustrations so I make things clear.

So in this example below Murtair is in contact with an aristo so he CAN'T use Sumper jump, right? Because in the rule says ihe must not be in contact.
    Example1.png
    In this example below (example 2) he can do Super jump, but since the range is 3 he can't really jump over the enemy aristo without becoming in contact with him. That's what i meant, so you can't really jump over an enemy. And most of the time I can spend the 2 just to run around with the 5 mov points for the same effect.

example2.png
    I know I'm probably missing something. And yes I do make the disengage rolls.

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

The requirement to perform Super Jump is not being Adjacent to an Enemy when declaring it. There's no problem at all to "jump over" a Space Adjacent to an Enemy. So, in example 2 you may perform Super Jump to place yourself Adjacent to Maximus at Space #3.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  10. MerloyJenkils

But the opposite is, I mean:

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 12.24.39.png

If you ARE indeed adjacent, First example I shared below, YOU CAN'T do Super Jump right?

What I mean is you can NEVER do a Super jump over a guy and NOT become in contact with him.

What I wanted to do was the opposite, was jump over a guy and NOT become engaged and that's what I'm saying it's not possible right? Because you will always end in a space in contact with Maximus in the above case.

Or am I reading the card wrong?

treiral likes this.
  11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Oh, ok. I understand. You're right. You'd need to play Holographic Sight from Major Lunah to do that. That's because the idea behind Super Jump is that Murtair jumps on his prey.

knlghth00d and MerloyJenkils like this.
  12. MerloyJenkils

ok! I get it :)

I thinks it's super fun in concept, but the cost of 2 and mov of 5 makes it very situational, which is a pity.

But ok so my reasoning was right, just wanted to make that clear :) Thank you V! I am excitingly expecting more articles from you!

13. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Yeah, it's a secondary tool for him. But it can be handy when jumping over Blocked Spaces, or even when an Enemy is blocking access to a Scoring Zone and then you can jump and score! With a more free jump he'd be more scorer and his main role is DPS.

Thanks to you for posting!

knlghth00d and MerloyJenkils like this.
  14. MerloyJenkils

Thank you for clarifying!

15. knlghth00d

knlghth00d KNlGHTH00D

Yeah this is how I use it as another way to lock opponents into combat while his other team mates run around and score :) I must admit I'm loving the combination of Max, Murtair and Kozmo!

Attached Files:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation