1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Courtesy lists for a single List, regarding Holo1

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Superfluid, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Can I do it?

If I have a knight of the sepulchre, can I print out multiple courtesy lists with him imitating multiple options and then at a tournament select a disguise most appropriate to my terrain/enemy matchup?

Does there have to be 1:1 parity between courtesy lists and real lists in a tournament setting?

Thanks.

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

it would be wiser to check with that tournament's TO, but generally speaking, yes you are allowed to have multiple courtesy list.

Having a guy with Holo 1 in your real tournament list does not mean that you must pick which specific model he'll be during list building. Holo is a deployment skill not a list building skill. He can be any valid model when you deploy him. And whichever model he ends up being it should be on the courtesy list.

3. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Yeah, thats broadly what I was thinking. I'm going to ask my TO for an upcoming tournament just to be sure.

It's just that you have to print it out ahead of time so you're locked to the options that you print out. But you just print out a lot and that fixes it.

Robock likes this.
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Except that if you see someone with too many courtesy lists, now you know they’ve got holo. :(

The problem with courtesy lists in Infinity is that they sound like a good idea and then don’t actually work when the information in the courtesy list changes. Either because of models that aren’t what they look like (holo), models that arrive later (AD), and models that are hiding (camo and hidden deployment).

And the only way to address that is to get people used to the fact that courtesy lists are going to be incomplete and you need to write them out or build them (from slips of paper or something) during the game.

5. MindwormGames

MindwormGames Well-Known Member

I get the point of courtesy lists, and I think printing multiple variations is a good way to solve that problem.

That said, my experience is that it's simpler and quicker to just go around to my opponent's half of the table and have them walk me through the models deployed.

I'll also ask what Orders/Models are in what combat groups, and I tend to also ask if they'll agree to give me a ballpark of how many Army Points are not identifiable on the table.

That last bit isn't open information, but I like to volunteer it. I like to give my opponent as much information as is 'knowable', including what LT options I have on the table. If it is something you can know with an encyclopedic knowledge of the factions and unit profiles, I'd rather volunteer that info than penalize my opponent for not being a huge Infinity nerd.

'I've got two cammo markers here and here, infiltrated outside of my deployment zone, my main combat group has 9 Regular Orders showing, my secondary combat group has three Irregular/Extremely Impetuous Orders and three Regular Orders showing, and counting the cammo markers my list is missing about 60ish points. This Interventor with Combi is only available as an LT profile, and I don't have any other models with a possible LT profile.'

CalmEyE, Icchan, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  6. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

This is what X-Wing would call "implied information". It's info that isn't strictly presented in open way (such as state markers or line of sight markerks), but can still be inferred with 100% accuracy from the open information presented. I do this too and I'd hope more people would do it too, I find it sometimes speeds up gameplay a bit and levels the playing field if playing with a less experienced opponent.

Xeurian and CalmEyE like this.
  7. CalmEyE

CalmEyE Member

We do the same in my group, I can only vouch for the better game-climate :)

Icchan likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation