1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MULAN?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by stargorger, Mar 6, 2018.

1. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

So I dont even play Yu Jing but one unit that would make me play is if they made a Hua Mulan recreation character :)

Anybody else ever wished for this? CB ever said anything? I'm sure there are other historical Chinese personalities that would make more logical sense, but as I don't know a ton of Chinese military history besides Sun Tze, I'd love to see Mulan as a kind of Yu Jing counter to Joan...

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I think recreations should be used sparingly, but it they had to it would be ridiculous to make a Yu Jing recreation of anyone else (including Sun Tze) before Guan Yu.

theGricks, xagroth and GuanYunChang like this.
  3. GuanYunChang

GuanYunChang 二哥

Hear, hear! Seriously, the "melee faction" not having a melee character is a farce. Guan Yu should definitely be used. Not that I'm uh, biased or anything. Not at all.

Really though, while Mulan does have the bonus of being one of the more recognizable 'historical' figures for western audiences (Thanks Disney!) there are a lot more options out there. I look forwards to CB filling out the missing ranks of mainline original YJ characters instead of flooding with mostly Japanese.

Though with my luck all the new YJ characters they release will probably be Korean, or something.

4. stargorger

I guess coming from Steel Phalanx, I'm of the opinion that each faction should have ~3-4 recreations in it :)

5. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I'd rather have Baron Ungern von Sternberg.it doesn't even need to be a recreation because the family has so many branches, but a white banner cavalry officer which is crazy and the reincarnation of a war god could be fun.

DruidNei likes this.
  6. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

On /tg/ they were throwing around the idea for Lu Bu on a bike.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

While, again, I don't want to jump on a "Yu Jing character now!" crusade, I do think that a Judge Dee Crane Agent would go a loooong way to... gray-ify Yu Jing and ISS. Or bring the shade to a much paler gray.

I'm talking about an imperial agent who goes out of their way to bring justice for the benefit of even the lowliest citizens, stamp out corruption and enforce the Emperor's decrees (in that order).

The exact details of their profile is of less importance then their existence. But let's for argument's sake say a Crane who breaks the unspoken rule regarding Sensor and heavy weapons as well as Special Haris (Celestial Guard and Crane Rank Agents) roughly 55/2* (more if stats are improved)

* Cranes either don't pay for Sensor or they pay overprice for Spitfires. I'm unsure which, but there shouldn't be 2 point difference between MRifle+Sensor and Spitfire profiles.

Barrogh, Shiwen and Space Ghost like this.
  8. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Let's get down to business...

9. stargorger

Man. I didn't expect so many of you Yu Jing players to dislike the idea lol. BUNCH OF HARD TO PLEASE F(@*#S! ;) Jk jk.

In all seriousness, I'm in the boat that I want 2-3 recreations and 2-3 original characters for every nationality somewhere in the game :) Not for some diversity bullshit but because I love history and the idea of bringing ancients/medievals into the scifi setting is awesome :D

10. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

...to defeat PanO
    Did they send me Zhanshi when I asked for Zuyongs?

You're the saddest bunch I ever met
    But you can bet before we're through
    Mister, I'll make HI
    Out of you

[​IMG]

det, ArTrodes, Golem2God and 18 others like this.
  11. stargorger

LOL that's amazing, imma steal that brb ;)

12. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member

If nothing else, the Invincible Army would love to have Guan Yu as its propaganda poster child.

Also a +1 to the idea of a Detective Dee Imperial Agent idea. But I'll do one better and raise you Zhanying Agent Tequila. I think an ODD (for his flock of doves), twin breaker pistols and perhaps Full Auto would do well here. Or maybe a Police Story based profile with access to a vorpal ladder. :p

In general, I've always found it weird how sparse Yu Jing has been with characters when they're one of the richest sources of pop culture in the world (even after the JSA leave us). Romance of the Three Kingdoms, HK action movies, Kung Fu and Wuxia movies, all sorts of bad ass historical martial artists and elite warrior classes. But we get Sun Tze and... some angry dude with a knife and mad cows. >_>

Warhydra likes this.
  13. stargorger

Mmm yeaaah but those guys arent waifu material... ;)

meikyoushisui likes this.
  14. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

[​IMG]

Just look at that beard. This is what waifu material looks like.

15. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

And that's before we start counting other Asian cultures that are part of YJ, like Mongolians and Koreans.

16. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Or the Vietnamese.

'though that might be a bit much for our American friends to take.

Just saying, there are some great examples of generalship out there in the Yu Jing sphere of influence.

17. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Oh boy, just imagine Hô Chi Minh as a recreation...

18. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I always enjoy reminding them of the wars they've "never lost".

19. Warhydra

Warhydra Well-Known Member

Muslim soldiers and warlords also played a pretty big role in many conflicts in Chinese history. And they were noted for their bravery.
    They also fought the Japanese during Boxer Rebellion and both Sino-Japanese War, so hey, maybe get them to fight Japanese again!

20. stargorger

I'd love to see some Kublai Kahn stuff but I doubt it. Sadly I think any heroes that aren't Chinese or Japanese aren't gonna show up until they make a sectorial based entirely around another culture: as long as it it stays 'mainly Chinese Yu Jing' I'd think our best bet is for ethnically Chinese heroes. So. GIMME MULAN NAO

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation