1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving through IMP Markers

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mahtamori, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

For all other intents and purposes, Impersonation Markers are considered Friendly by the opponent's troopers. Does this persist when moving as well?

In other words, a Ninja has used Cybermask to move past a Mine and is now situated in a doorway. During their turn, a Hospitaller Knight would like to get to a better position but the only exit is blocked by the Ninja's IMP-2 Marker.
    1: Can the Hospitaller Knight move through the Ninja?
    2: If Yes, what happens if the Ninja AROs?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

1. No, because 2.
    2. It's extremely messy.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

And 3. it's still an enemy marker, with a prohibition about being able to enter base contact with it.

Shoitaan, DukeofEarl and inane.imp like this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Ehh, doesn't it say counts as a friendly marker somewhere in the rules?

"IMPORTANT!

Enemies perceive an impersonator in the Impersonation-1 or Impersonation-2 state (IMP-1 or IMP-2 Marker) as an ally."

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

"perceive" =/= "is"

Shoitaan and ijw like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Followup question on that, sorry if I diverge from the original one, but does this also prevent a TO Order Sergeant from going back to TO Camo in LOF of the Ninja's IMP-2 Marker? (I seem to recall that way back it was accepted that a TO trooper could because the IMP Marker was considered friendly, but the skill would fail if the IMP Marker AROed.)

7. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

The Ninja is still an enemy trooper with line of fire to the order sergeant.

• During their Active Turn, troopers with CH: Camouflage may revert to the Camouflaged state by expending one Entire Order while outside enemy LoF.

After all, the FAQ is quite generous for camo:
    Q: Can a Camouflage Marker prevent that an enemy trooper from reverting to the Camouflaged state? If the Camouflage Marker were a Mine, would prevent it too?
    A: Yes, no matter if it is a Mine or a real trooper, as the Camouflage trooper trying to Camouflage again doesn’t know.

where it’s the mere possibility of line of fire is sufficient.

toadchild likes this.
  8. Mahtamori

Well, that's the thing, right? If it's based on the Order Sergeant's perception, they consider the Ninja's IMP Marker to be friendly.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation