1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Move - attack order use question.

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Enolkys, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

Probably an easy question here but I just wanted clarity.
    When using and order an you spend it to move / shoot can it be completed like this;

- you declare move on your trooper and move them 2” out, shoot, and because you didn’t use the full move, move them back to where they can behind cover.

Mia that legit to do. As I have seen a few games where it’s a sneak out / poke out and fire and tuck back in.
    I thought it was :
    move / move
    Move / idle
    Move / shoot
    Shoot / move
    Etc.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You declare 2 separate skills.

1st skill: Move. The model moves 2" there and 2" back
    ARO step
    2nd skill: BS Attack. You can pick ANY position you occupied during the order to take the shot from.

Teslarod and Enolkys like this.
  3. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

Thank you. !!

4. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

Follow up question. If dodging something. Will that be the same. If successful I can move 1mm or the whole distance allowed for that action. Or if o get a rocket launched at me and I am behind cover I can move 1mm as the doge and not get thrown/pushed completely out of cover ?

5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Maybe i don't get this one straight...

First, there is no way to move an enemy model. Only the owning player can move his models.

A Missile/Rocket Launcher can only shot DIRECTLY at an enemy model and must be centered on it.
    Other weapons, like Grenades, have a trait called SPECULATIVE FIRE that allow them to be used without LoF and off center from the target.
    Anyway, as per Cover rules, a template removes the Saving Roll bonus for Cover. You still impose the -3 to the enemy BS value, but you donn't get the +3 ARM / BTS.

Then, whenever you win a Dodge roll (normal of FtF beating EVERY enemy successful roll) your model is allowed to move UP TO 2". This distance is modified by states (like Prone) and skills (like Dodge +1")

Remember that the enemy can pick ANY position your model occupied turing the order to land the shot!
    And remember that Dodge IS NOT a short movement skill, so you are not allowed to declare BS Attack + Dodge as a single order.

6. Enolkys

Enolkys Member

I should of made it a separate question.
    When dodging - do I need to move the whole distance or can I just move a smidge (unrelated to my first question)

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Nope. You are even allowed to stand in place.

Enolkys and Teslarod like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation