1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

move/action combinations?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by MoN4RcH, Apr 9, 2018.

1. MoN4RcH

MoN4RcH New Member

Hi all, I have read the rules and had a few small playthroughs but am not clear how the move action/attack part goes.

I realise you can start with action/attack or move and do multiple of the same action(unless stated on a card) but is it like Infinity where you can state move then use for example 3 hex-tiles move of 5 speed then do an action/attack then finish your speed 5 move with another 2 hex-tile moves for 2 basic actions with the possibility you might be able to move or do some other action after( i know this is unlikely based on the energy points available)?

......or do you have to move possibly using the full 5 then action/attack then use some more energy points if you wanted to move away?

Thanks in advance a new player.

NB our gaming group only ever grazed the infinity game before I3 as our local gaming club closed down =(
    NBB We do hope that as we all get our home gaming spaces sorted we will revisit that game, Aristeia is perfect for us at the moment as are the smaller games.

2. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

First option is the correct one. You can use Move action to get movement points and spend them one by one to move 1 hex at a time, using whichever action you want and resuming using movement points if you have and want.

:3

3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I think the easiest way to think of the segmented move/action is that when you want to move you normally spend two energy points to get your current allotment of move points. Then you can spend one movement point at a time interrupting movement for any other action that you may still be able to afford in energy points.

4. Fathi Amirmoez

Fathi Amirmoez Active Member

The Move action doesn't imply any movement at all, it just generates Movement Points which you can freely spend at any time during that Character's activation to move 1 space per point.

Flipswitch and ijw like this.
  5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I'll give you another point of view: You get initially a pool of Action Points (5). When you perform Move (2 AP) you get a pool of Movement Points. Well, you can spend whatever Points from any of these pools one at a time. Spend X Action Points? Perform an Action. Spend 1 Movement Point (you must spend them one by one)? You're moving on HexaDome 1 space. So is that you can Move - Attack - Move. Did Movement Points get run out? Spend another 2 AP to Move and you'll replenish MP pool.

Important here: Spend 1 Movement Point is not performing an Action.

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation