1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortal Engines trailer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by R-z, Dec 23, 2017.

1. R-z

R-z Active Member

It was a dark, blustery afternoon in spring, and the city of London was chasing a small mining town across the dried-out bed of the old North Sea

chromedog likes this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

And now another book series i must read before the movie comes out, i better pick up speed...

3. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

this movie looks like a total 'how did this get made'. I predict a massive flop.

chromedog, Icchan and Lothlanathorian like this.
  4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Did she really need a spyglass to see that massive moving city?
    Didn't she notice it until it was right behind her?

This is the fastest a trailer has broken the suspension of disbelief for me XDDDD

Lothlanathorian, Balewolf and xagroth like this.
  5. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

Some things just work better in a book, where each person imagines it in a way that makes sense to them.

Abrilete likes this.
  6. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Kinda want to read the book(s) now, kinda don't and want to continue thinking this is the dumbest idea I've seen ever.

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  7. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I read the books as a teenager and have very fond memories. I think the trailer is underselling just how interesting the world of Mortal Engines and the Municipal Dawarwinism concept of moving cities is, if the VFX is done right and they adapt all 4 books this could be a steampunk Lord of the Rings.

There are 3 additional prequel books to be main series that while not quite as good as the main 4 flesh out the background of the world and give a new perspective on how London became the first of the moving cities.

Now if they ever make an adaptation of Monster Blood Tatto and the Half Continent that would be a must see for me.

jherazob likes this.
  8. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

For a Moment I read Morat Engines and was like: Say What ????

9. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

@Durian Khaar. . .

While You had an humorous error due to mis-reading, I personally think that a Brutal, Ferocious and "Partially Unhinged" culture like the Morats would have NO QUALMS about building monstruous, titanic Semi-Mobile City-Sized "Industrial Scourge Land-Ripper" kind of Vehicles. . .

I did not read the Books, but from what I can understand from the Trailer, the smaller "Protagonist" engine seems to be a sort of Mobile Oil-Drilling / Ore Mining kind of Platform and the rapacious manner with which the "London Engine" harpoon it, reeling inside the voracious maw-like "Forge Core Sub-Basement" will be not outside a typical Supremacy "Aggressive Diplomacy". . .

There are a lot of cool Conceptual Arts abound about enormous "Walking / Threaded / Wheeled" kind of Industrial Mecha-Kaju that will do exactly the same thing. . .

Maybe I will try to draw something similar, for an upcoming project related to the Infinity Background. . .

From what we inferred about the results of the "Wotan Gate" Campaign the Human Sphere Blockade was a total failure and a lot of Combined Army Dropships is positive to have reached Svarhalheima. . .

Usually is considered to be just Shaasvastii Stealth "Flying Saucers" and their insidious "Seed Soldier Pod-Planting" the typical, but let's imagine:

1°) Morat brutal and lethal kind of "Drop Pods" shaped like a compromise between Warhammer 40.000 specimens from the Space Orks and the Imperium, pummelling down like fiery meteors down the surface of Svarhalheima. . .

2°) Maybe aided by Rodoks Jump-Troopers (I believe they have the Level of "Parachute Skill" to allow Halo-Style kind of Orbital Personal Insertion) these Morats Dropships will try to land in the contested "No Man's Land" zone between Yujing "Huangdi / Nifhleim" controlled area and the borders with either Trollhattan or Sokolov, both firmly in Pan-Oceanian hold. . .

3°) Profiting from the sabotages of the aforementioned Shaas Incursors ("Rejoice Regiment ! For Once The Slimey-Lizards Are Useful !!!". . .) they found one of the abandoned Industrial Plants where "Rebel Independants" squatter, such as the one where the more devastating battles of the "Outrage" Manga take place. . .

4°) Maybe they found a rusty, depleted, half-salvaged "Titan Engine" with long hydraulics legs ending in threads able to navigate the hazardous Svarhalheiman Landscape and are able to re-activate it, or maybe their Kurgat Battle-Engineer will create something anew by scavenging together smaller Industrial Vehicles. . .

5°) Soon the Human Sphere forces of the frozen wastelands will hear of an horrifically devastating band of Alien Marauders that are scourging the Border Zones preying on Independant Settlement and even small enough Border Garrison Forts with a devastating "Walking Threaded Engine. . . . . .Of Destruction" that will devour and swallow the wreckage of the settlements and the hulks of destroyed vehicles, rendered down to spare repair parts to add the evergrowing mass, or simply smelted as "Fuel" for the devastating Plasma-Furnace at the "Core" of the hungry mechanical monster. . .

6°) While no one of the Morat Crew of this Titanic Death-Machine has deigned to tell much to hapless, lucky survivors surely their Barbaric Mythologies would have named the "Thing" after some kind of their Home Planet Apex Predators; the Chinese Forces have renamed it. . . . ."Tao-Tie" (from one of the Demon Urges that represent "Rapacious Gluttony"). . .

The Pan-Oceanian Svarhaleimen, far more dour and prone to apocalyptic ideas about the "Ragnarok" due to their Norse-Viking Ancestry have baptized it with a far more terrifying Surname. . .

They call the Morat Engine. . . .Surtr !!!

. . . . .

Let Me know if You all thing this hypothethical "Comic Script" could be cool, or not. . . . .!!!

Abrilete and Durian Khaar like this.
  10. Durian Khaar

Durian Khaar It's clubbering time...
    Warcor

It is a bit too much, but i like it :joy:

stevenart74 likes this.
  11. NerdyMike

NerdyMike New Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation