1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission 8 - did we play it right?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lucian, May 10, 2021.

1. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

That mission felt really strange. You just start there in front of Taigha's and HMG turret (which never works thanks to 'OWNED' on Jazz) - you proceed to kill taighas and their nest - then you again proceed to kill taighas and their nest - and then you again proceed to kill taighas and their nest (and some Caliban spawn, but they are behing door and cannot open doors so they just wait until you done). And loot corpses along the way
    We managed to kill all taighas in one turn so there always been one unit tops.
    The respawn tokens keep piling up, but enemies cannot respawn in this mission. Alert should go to 4, but thanks to Jazz's versatile it was kept at 3, we never even ran out of AI deck (got 1 card left by the end of the mission).
    The biggest problem was Herrenknecht, mostly due to his health pool and Hidden state, but turns out Jazz can also cancel enemy states with cleanse/team reset so no big deal.

Was there some idea behind the mission or that was it?

#1 Lucian, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

We finally got to play this mission again with my local group after the 1.5 FAQ got out aaand... It makes even less sense. If you put the respawn marker according to the graphic in FAQ:
    [​IMG]
    Since there's no other respawn spaces in this mission and if you quickly destroy all taighas on the way, by the time you get to phase 4 you can easily accumulate about 7-10 reinforce tokens.
    AND since elevator activates AT THE END OF THE ROUND - you move to A01 tile and AT THE END OF THE SAME ROUND during reinforce step that respawn tile just plops out ALL the enemies at once (2 packs of RED taighas + 2 calibans, since they all get removed from previous tiles).
    How the hell is that supposed to work?

UPD. Okay I doublechecked the mission again and it turns out at least Calibans are not supposed to spawn and according to this Taighas should be blue if it's not a pit, but respawn space.
    [​IMG]
    How can you structure the description so poorly? And still, it is possible to get 6 blue Taighas spawn the moment you get to Phase 4 - is this supposed to work this way?

#2 Lucian, May 3, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
  3. d_b

d_b Well-Known Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but we played this mission today, so I'll add my two cents.

This is RAW:

There are 2 Taigha Unit cards used in this mission, as stated in the Instructions. One goes to Available Units deck (to be spawned later). Another one is Taigha Unit deployed from the start of the mission (and once eliminated, goes to Available Units deck too).

Taighas are the only Unit that can Respawn during this mission, and they can only Respawn from the Pit (if there's any at the end of the round).

This is guesswork:

The Pit card clearly describe that one Pit (Taigha) Unit respawns for free at the end of the round. The second part of the Pit card make no sense, since it talks about Replacements for a Unit that was just deployed, and as such already has max miniatures, and don't need Replacements. No idea what they tried to say there.

I guess that the Pit also counts as a Respawn space for Taighas, but the game doesn't specifically say it anywhere.

So we played it this way: if there's a Pit at the end of the round, and there are 3+ RT in the Reserve, the Pit will spawn 1 Unit of Taighas for free, and then 1 Unit of Taighas will be spawned for 3 RT. This way we usually had 6 Taighas spawned at the end of the round.

The "Respawn" space in FAQ is likely a Pit (so yeah, it's a mistake in FAQ, wow), since the FAQ states "Add the space in which to deploy the Pit" and then slams a Respawn icon there. The Respawn won't work anyway for anything other than the Pit.

Maybe I'm wrong about respawning Taighas for RT from the Pit, but otherwise this mission looks ridiculously easy (with HMG Turrets disabled 100% of the time as you've said).

Croepoek likes this.
  4. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Huh. I totally missed that it says "Pit" in FAQ. They should've used the Pit symbol like they did in the rest of mission.
    Still, that makes 6 red Taighas (now that they actually spawn from Pit) that appear the moment you get down on elevator...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation