1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mines/Repeaters and vertical surfaces

Discussion in 'Rules' started by tom0184, Feb 1, 2023.

1. tom0184

tom0184 Member

Until now we didn't play it that way, but it looks like RAW it's possible to place a mine or repeater on a vertical surface if using mine dispenser / drop bear / pitcher because the bullet point saying you can't place it there can only be found in the rules for the Place Deployable skill. The rules for the Deployable label also don't talk about it.

E.g. a player therefore suggested it's possible to pitcher a repeater Outrage-comic style on the wall of a building or mine dispense a mine on a ladder leading up a building wall.

What do you say? To me it looks like a oversight rather than intentional rules. But RAW it looks legit.

Please know that we don't intent to loop hole rules but rather are some curious folks.

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Do the Repeaters or Mines placed have a skill or trait that allow them to stick to walls?
    If yes, go ahead with the vertical garden of despair.
    If no, well... That's why no one did that.

Tristan228, Jumara and chromedog like this.
  3. tom0184

tom0184 Member

I see your point. But there's also no rule for placing them horizontally.

4. Master Efialtes

upload_2023-2-1_16-58-56.png
    upload_2023-2-1_17-4-22.png

#4 Master Efialtes, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Savnock likes this.
  5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

It's the other way round.

The standard rules requires to place tokens and miniatures on horizontal surfaces.
    You need special rules and exception to be able to place something on vertical surfaces

chromedog and Savnock like this.
  6. tom0184

tom0184 Member

That's common sense and we also play it that way but not written out in the rules except in the skill Place Deployable. That's why the question came up in the first place.

I agree that Infinity is permitting rule set, so only things written out are allowed. So currently there are no rules specifing the placing of mines/repeaters via pitcher/mine dispenser/drop bear, but rather the RAI interpretation that the Place Deployable rules are used.

I can live with that. We jut were curious.

7. tom0184

tom0184 Member

8. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

Since it is written in the rules for things like climbing, movement, place deployable, etc, you can assume that not stopping or placing things on vertical surfaces is an exception. The rule for Place Deployable does prevent items from being placed on vertical surfaces, but it does not prevent their placement if you don't use the Place Deployable skill.

So RAW, yes you could. But CB are not great at writing rules out and there are a lot of these issues (see Guided and what is an enclosed space for example). They rarely define terms and are not always consistent with how they place exceptions.

That said, I would suggest that they are meant to work like the Place Deployable skill states.

tom0184 likes this.
  9. tom0184

tom0184 Member

Thank you, that sounds reasonable and also is the way we FELT it should be played but weren't sure.

10. Master Efialtes

Yes :( .

I will play without put the deployment equipment (mines pitchers) in vertical surfaces.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation