1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mindwipe and Posthumans

Discussion in 'ITS' started by bloodw4ke, Apr 6, 2021.

1. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

In Mindwipe, how the heck does Data Erasure / Überhacker work with Posthumans?

Let's say I have a Proxy Mk1 Hacker, Mk2 Hacker, and Mk3 non-hacker. The Mk1 gets the data erasure program.

Can the Mk2 and 3 use the irregular order? It's the same trooper.

What about the Data Erasure program? If the Mk1 has it, the Mk2 is the same trooper and also a hacker...

Edit: I'm guessing the Data Erasure works like data tracker did: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/solved-datatracker-and-proxy-post-humans.25747/ - however this doesn't address the bonus irregular order.

#1 bloodw4ke, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    kinginyellow likes this.
  2. CoveredInFish

CoveredInFish Diplomatic Delegate
    Warcor

While I cannot give an official answer I would handle this model-wise.

Only the actual model would benefit from the uberhacker.

The ghost-jumping should not transfer the irregular order nor the hacking program.

But that is only my opinion.

3. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

We know that each proxy counts a separate Trooper for mission scoring purposes: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/when-does-killing-proxies-count.39302/#post-393256

On that basis I would guess that they're separate Troopers for the purpose of being the Uberhacker, also.

Also, we know that if the Uberhacker enters a null state, the Data Pack token remains on the game table. To me that strongly suggests that the token and its effects are associated with the specific model that has it.

From the G:Jumper rule, "The only Proxy that can declare Orders is the one with the Active Proxy Token." I think it would follow that if the extra irregular order belongs specifically to the Proxy with the Data Pack token, that order can only be spent on that Proxy. Otherwise you would have a different Proxy declaring an order using an irregular order that didn't belong to it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation