1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mega Infinity War Spoilers Discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by AdmiralJCJF, Apr 25, 2018.

1. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

[​IMG]
    HERE THERE BE SPOILERS
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    SERIOUSLY...
    SPOILERS
    GO SEE THE MOVIE FIRST

YES, the movie is good, you should go.
    So, yeah, I saw Avengers: Infinity War and I want to chat to people about it.
    My bet in our local deadpool was Captain America, and I'm still surprised that he made it 'through.
    One of my mates won with a bet of Loki, scene one, which was obviously spot on (and would have been my bet too if he hadn't beaten me to it, it was a logical way to set up badass Thanos, but damn... Heimdall too?!?).
    There was a bit of chat about how the different "teams" divided up, which we decided had been done pretty well. NOBODY thought that they were going to do Thanos so well... he's actually a pretty good villain in the end. His whole "balance to a finite universe, kill half of all life to save it all" shtick is, indeed, "Mad" but rational.
    And... well, they went there!
    Loki
    Heimdall
    Dr Strange
    Spiderman
    Black Panther
    Starlord
    Drax
    Mantis
    Gamora
    Groot

Falcon
    Vision
    Winter Soldier
    Scarlett Witch
    ... did I miss anyone?

But this is the one scenario where Thanos is defeated, right? Strange said as much. Obviously Tony is needed, which is why Stephen handed over the Time stone... but then he knew he had to do that because otherwise that last line makes no sense. It HAD to be this way.

And then, just to kick us in the pants, to kill Maira Hill and Nick Fury in the end of credits scene, after no mid-credits scene? Harsh. I'm super glad about the little Captain Marvel tease (and am now looking forward to seeing that film set in the 90's to see how they build her up... is she going to be the Adam Warlock standin?).

There was a bit of a discussion about the use of Bucky Barnes in the film. Some of my mates were worried about how the Russo's were going to use him. As far as we were concerned he was used exactly the correct amount.

But my biggest takeaway was Ant Man.
    Is that film set in the world where half of humanity just literally turned to ash in front of the other half?
    Because... hardcore.

Wow.

Just ...

Wow.

2. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

Ant-Man has to take place after Infinity War. They can't leave us on that note. Just...holy shit. Also, it was everything I wanted it to be. Thanos is one of my favorite characters and this movie was just what I wanted. Nay, what I needed.

3. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I honestly think only Gamora, Loki and Heimdall are actually dead. Everyone that turned to dust is coming back on the next movie. Because no way Marvel is going to kill Spider Man and Black Panther off like that when their movies made so much money.

That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the action scenes, all of them. And I really liked the little tidbits in Wakanda and the Star Forge. Real comic book stuff there, especially the shot with Thor holding the forge open, that's the stuff of legends.

I loved it, I was fist pumping all the way through and I really don't want to watch anything from Marvel that's not a sequel to this now.

4. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, I think the motivation for Thanos was MUCH better in this than in the original Infinity Gauntlet saga. And that really was an example of them doing a bad guy well. Clear motivation, genuine belief in their own worldview... spot on.

Yeah, and even Gamora is a bit up in the air, because of the whole "Soul Stone" element. Like, if her soul became the Soul Stone then maybe there's a way to get her back without seriously unwinding history and doing damage (which is why Strange goes easy on the use of the Time Stone).

There were some damn great moments overall, I just still wish they'd had the confidence to put "The Immigrant Song" over Thor's arrival in Wakanda.

5. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

Ant Man and The Wasp is set between Civil War and Infinity War from what we've heard.

stevenart74 and jherazob like this.
  6. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing too.

For all that it's not 100% clear, that seems to be the implication from the trailer.

I wonder if it'll end with the same "and... ash" moment.

stevenart74 and jherazob like this.
  7. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

This has to be the best MCU movie so far, i really have no idea how could they top this one on part 2 but look forward to it (in a damn freaking year! cruel bastards! :joy:)

And i'm writing it right here and now, a prediction for part 2:
    I really look forward to hearing Doctor Strange say: "I told you it was the only way"

AdmiralJCJF and stevenart74 like this.
  8. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Or, Strange never gave up the stone in any of his permutations, so once Quill lets go of the one chance and sets things down the path of one of the thirteen million nine hundred ninety-nine thousand nine hundred ninety-nine failures, the only variable he has left is give up the stone, changing the certainty of thanos' victory, because in the failures he saw, ALL the team on Titan died defending the stone, this way Tony and Nebula are still in the fight, possibly with some macguffin on Titan being the key to undoing the finger snap, or for convincing Thanos to do it himself...

stevenart74 likes this.
  9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

The SOUL stone is a bit of a bitch. Probably it will amplify the distress within Thanos for the loss of Gamora.
    And with the power of all of the stones, he have the power to turn back what he did.

But if the snap almost melted the gauntlet, probably the undoing will destroy Thanos himself. The same way as we saw that using a stone destroy the user.

BTW, i think i missed a second of the movie. Did you ACTUALLY see Spiderman disgregating? Because i remember him whining, with some ash moving in the picture but FROM him...

#9 tox, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    stevenart74 likes this.
  10. AdmiralJCJF

Yeah, we saw Spiderman ash.

And I don't think Strange would have been as calmly confident if that hadn't been deliberately setting up his "win" on his part.

11. DaRedOne

Warcor

I would have loved to hear it the moment that rainbow bridge opened up, but it wouldn't have fit the movie. On the other hand, I loved Thor in this movie, he was my second favorite character, after Captain America.

Has anyone else noticed that Cap is basically the only superhero that has no problem fighting the Black Order? He curbstomps those two in the train station hard (with the help of Falcon and Widow, yeah), but I loved how the only guy that can really put the hurt on Thanos' minions is the normal human dude.

Also, him and Black Panther breaking off the main force to jump face first into the six armed aliens army? Another moment that felt right off the comic book pages.

Danger Rose, jherazob and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  12. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You mean Ragnarok the android, don't you? Mantis even spoils that his muscles ARE metal...

Not so normal, but yeah. Cap and (wannabe)Thor stole the scene to all the others. Apart Spiderman and his stupid movie quotes!!!

13. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Is it wrong that I felt more for Thanos than anyone else?

I would also say the only surprise, and it was perfect, was Red Skull.

14. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

If only Elrond had agreed to do it. Still, the guy they got sounded good enough.

jherazob likes this.
  15. AdmiralJCJF

No, not at all. I think that was deliberate.

The film does end, after all, with "Thanos Will Return".

So we know who the real protagonist of the film was.

Yeah, it's a pity Hugo Weaving wouldn't return. But they did get the next best thing.

jherazob likes this.
  16. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Thanos was an incredible antagonist, with an understandable motivation, and acted fantastically.

The bit with Spideys 'I don't want to go' broke me.

17. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Watched it yesterday, enjoyed it! In short...

I liked:
    • The pace, it seemed to flow well between scenes, which I thought would be hard to do with everything going on.
    • Homework required: I actually like that you should see previous films to understand what's going on properly. I haven't seen Black Panther or Civil War so a few bits flew past me, I'm ok with that.
    • What I assume is a purposeful attempt at confusing the viewers alignment regarding Thanos being antagonist/protagonist. Seems hard to pull off but they did it well.
    I disliked:
    • The first scene features Thanos kicking The Hulk's ass lkike some pro MMA fighter against a child. The rest of the fight scenes we see, he's against weaker, smaller and generally less capable opponents and having a lot of trouble with them. It just doesn't fit.
    • The Hulk/Bruce Banner being relegated to comic relief. Again, just doesn't fit.
    • Some other stuff I'll remember later...

18. AdmiralJCJF

Hulk fan hunh?

:-P

I quite liked seeing The Hulk getting schooled by an actual trained fighter who matched (or near enough) him in strength.

And the Hulk/Banner stuff is part of the 3-move "film within a film" that they worked out as a Hulk arc. I can accept it as part of that.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  19. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

My bet is that in part 2, part of the original crew of the Avengers will role for the last time: Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor & Hawkeye (not Black Widow because if I remember well, there's planned a movie of her character).

And probably, they will defeat Thanos with the sacrifice of Tony Stark (with Strange saying "that was the only way, and as I said, if I need to decide between save your life or the stone, I'll save the stone" while getting back the time stone in his hand from the Gauntlet...xD)

PS: Very nice movie, but not in my personal Marvel's TOP3: Guardians of the Galaxy vol1, Logan & Spiderman Homecoming. But far away from the forgettable Avengers Ultron...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. DaRedOne

Warcor

Logan doesn't count! It was not produced by Marvel Studios :P (I do agree it's one of the best superhero films out there, though.

I do rank this movie above both other Avengers movies, but my top 3 would be Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and Black Panther.

boquepasha likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation