1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mechanized Deployment Skill Irrelevant?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by RogueJello, Oct 22, 2018.

1. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

So with the Montessa Knight being re-written as a biker unit, Pan O currently has one unit, the Peacemaker, that uses Mech. Deployment. They're often AVA 2, but 1 is going to be the most likely pick, IF they don't get ignored for the more useful Bulleeteer. That leaves the Zouaves, which are part of MRRF, and also usually taken 1-2. Which leaves Halqa as the only unit in the game where the restriction of deploying all within a blast template skill has any effect.

Would it make sense to cut down on rules bloat to just remove the skill and give units who currently have it Forward Deployment L1 or L2?

Plex and eciu like this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

FD2 is most often 4" short of centre line?

meikyoushisui likes this.
  3. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Well they have a little more wiggle room than the size of a blast template.....

but you're right, it can probably just go away. It was kind of unnecessary in the fist place.

4. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

It feels it, but it wouldn't be Infinity if it didnt have a unit with an obscure rule only it uses.

Mirodasc, theradrussian, Plex and 5 others like this.
  5. RogueJello

Most of those obscure rules are relatively unique. A good example would be Van Zant's AD: Tactical Jump Level X. It's unique to him, but there is no other rule like it. Another good one would be G: MARIONETTE, which is currently on a single Nomad model, but once again is unique.

It's not the obscurity, it's the lack of uniqueness, AND the obscurity.

6. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Mech Deploy isn't a blast template anymore, its all within ZoC of one Mech Deploying model.

"All your troopers who use this Special Skill must deploy inside the Zone of Control of one of them, chosen by you"

I totally agree that its a pointless rule given how massive this deployment area has become, and how few models really care about it. When it was a template there was some argument for it, but now its just Forward Deployment honestly.

xagroth likes this.
  7. RogueJello

And now you can see how many times I've used this skill. Zero, despite having Zouves, Montessa Knights, and Peacemakers, though I've only fielded Zouves since the others aren't painted. :)

8. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I have one unit in any of my 6 armies that uses the skill.
    Peacemaker bot.
    I'm more likely to take a bulleteer, though - so it's just usually a skill I ignore the existence of.

9. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

Fatality L2 is only represented on T. Mansuri, let's just delete to reduce rules bloat.

WiT? and eciu like this.
  10. banthafodder

banthafodder Well-Known Member

His little sibling the Khawarij Spitfire also has it.

That said, I'd love to see Guardian and the non vampire side of protheion folded in.

Abrilete likes this.
  11. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I stand corrected.

12. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

Although I agree most people take bulleteer over peacemaker, I also feel its worth noting that the peacemaker has an important niche. It's important part of the strategy of some NCA lists that try to lockdown the midzone from deployment. Locust and Peacemaker combos with a couple of other things to make sure no one can make (easy) early grabs for objectives). Since the Montessa changes, its interesting to see the people complaining about losing that for MO as well given they can no longer aggravate via MechDeployed LGLs.

That being said, if ithe peacemakers MD was changed to FD2, I'm not sure I'd miss that 4" very much. I'm usually losing a couple of inches (minimum) anyway to get optimal cover.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

All within the Zone of Control of one of the troops, determined by the owner.

Van Zant "inherited"/shared that from Ko Dali (YJ version), Marionette should be similar to Jumper LvZ (but instead of the Jumper bringing remotes as a Haris, giving his stats to the remotes inside a Fireteam).

A lot of the problems come from badly redacted rules that are "hand-made" for each unit, instead of trying to make a standard from where to "drink" parts (recycling text as much as possible).

Who is on the Druze too, where there are no more Mec Deployed troops XD

14. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Experience says, you will keep getting that, now with 4" less compared to your former average extension :P

On topic: I don't think rarely used rules are issue. Clunky way to write down commonly used rules is more trouble, if you ask me.

daboarder likes this.
  15. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I run 2 peacemakers a lot

B2 HS, B2 HFTs without spending a single order....yeah they are legit

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation