1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Means to express/post/throw/whatever the Infinity universe

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by ObviousGray, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Hey, wish you guys all stay healthy amidst this hellish pandemic.

Like most of you guys, our meetings are slowing down. Naturally extinguishing the zeal for miniature gaming. To overcome this our club wants to deliver the lores about infinity, to prepare post-corona situation and secure a future pool for infinity.

Prob is, it is (Ok it's not that deep like Wohamma but) kinda frustrating to make a structure about introducing the Infinity universe. It starts over PanO, jumps to ALEPH, mentions Nomads and it goes pretty messy. So we need some help to organize the means.

Is there any means or structures you guys use to promote the basic backgrounds about Infinity?

2. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

I've found it helpful to reduce initial information to the basics:

- Humanity has consolidated on earth and expanded into the stars
    - Various human factions have formed and co-exist throughout space, overseen by O-12
    - Short intro to each human main faction with army style and background. Keep this one short.
    - Aleph as a means to handle infrastructure and military asset
    - Short introduction of Recreations with examples from different factions
    - Combined Army shows up and tensions arise. Short explanation about the EI and its approach.

I don't think more than that is needed for the first dip into the lore. It's enough for newcomers to get a glimpse into the factions and some of their dynamics. Frome here on, if they are interested (and still have time to read anything but the rules), you could expand on each individual faction, sectorials and conflicts.

Maybe structure it in a non-linear fashion like a Wiki, so people can pick and choose what content to engage with after the introduction.

#2 Knauf, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Abrilete, Barrogh, chromedog and 2 others like this.
  3. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

Just don't mention Tohaa, that is the most important thing

4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Truth be told, to talk about Tohaa and explain how they are mixed in all this, he would need to go deeper into the lore (Triumvirate, Digester experimentation...).

5. Sim198k

Sim198k New Member

I tend to explain that it's a sci-fi, futuristic Earth setting that is in a highly tense 'cold war' type state, where different factions are having covert skirmishes, and then an alliance of alien races showed up led by an AI and everything went even more to hell.

After that i just touch on the most interesting 'hooks' of the fluff, the main one being Aleph vs EI (mentioning how some factions don't think Aleph really has the good of humanity as it's true goal) and the situation with Combined Army being only a scouting force of a much bigger invasion.

This is generally enough to hook people in (I'm very enthusiastic and persuasive in person ) and then I detail any particular factions that my audience shows an interest in. I've found that Ariadna are a good one to spend some time talking about, with the whole disappearing in space and then reappearing having been inflicted with some form of lycanthropy proving to be an interesting hook for someone with a casual interest.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation