1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

Makreep and Other Choices in Vanilla Combine

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Toalpaz, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Toalpaz

Toalpaz Active Member

Hey, I know that the Makreep typically isn't chosen over choices like the Malignos or Noctifier because it usually is slower and doesn't kill things better for a similar price. I was just wondering what you all thought the Makreep's place is in a vanilla list if it doesn't really kill things better. I've been kicking around the idea in my head that it might be good to assist with guarding a flank with the 29 pt Combi Light Shotgun profile. Kind of expensive but has SS Lv 1 and MSV 2 so goodish utility.

I've also been thinking about why one might want to take Morats in vanilla. The Rodok HMG is a good reason, but I thought it may be interesting to not take an EI aspect LT and instead take 4-5 Morats and an aggressive LT in order to save some points off of expensive the G: Mnenotica. They provide their 4-5 religious veteran orders in event of LoL.

How do you people play Vanilla? What are your favourite lists?

2. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I think the Makreep is only overlooked in Onyx because theres no smoke. In generic CA, the Makreep w/ HMG can exploit smoke which makes it a good way to eliminate long range ARO units.

3. Dustin

Dustin Member

I use the HMG Makreep in onyx but never as an ARO unit. I like her as an active turn killer, I see a lot of ODD and Camo in my meta though, so the msv helps even though there is no smoke. In vanilla I like her with the daturatzi also getting it a little up field and in suppressive fire works well also.

4. Styx

Styx Cat.IE~~

Charontid + noctifer. Also Makreep in vanilla its a quite bit nice option with smoke, but the Charontid... with the same tricks and always BS14 its a nasty active piece. 2scnd MSV2 for add suport its a nice profile the makreep with combi+ligthshootgun.

If i can't go with Mnemonica LT, ill prefer go with Asuang LT, secured LT camo marker. And Rodok HMG, witohut core link options in vanilla, switch to Q-drone for that, BS14 with assited fire, always you gain a nice and cheap attack/ARO piece, also in all CA sectorials the Q-drone are a shiny active piece.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

90% of the time, if I'm running Vanilla, I'm running an Aspect. They're all just damned good units and you're not gonna waste that LT order.

Great Shasvastii Units in Vanilla:
    Speculo
    Shrouded
    Noctifier
    Sphinx

Great Morat Units in Vanilla:
    Daturazi (personally don't use them much)
    Rasyat (mostly for the D Charges for missions)
    Zerat FO
    Kornak (if you're skimming points on the Skiavoros)
    Raicho (new update!)

6. paraelix

paraelix Well-Known Member

Anyat.

Regular, non-empeuous smoke. K1 combi and E/M grenades for anti-TAG/HI.

Reece and Maksimas like this.
  7. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Fraacta in vanilla is great, especially as a decoy/backup for Ko-Dali.